A MECCG Moot in Sunnyvale on July 20

Goblin King

Hello everyone, I received a phone call from Gene Berry the other day saying that a substantial gathering of MECCG players will occur on July 20 (and maybe 21) at his place in Sunnyvale CA. My understanding is that he has about 7 players so far. Some are coming from Oregon.
Hopefully others that know more will find this posting and relay information. I will also talk to Gene periodically and get an update if I can.
Unfortunately, I will not be attending this event since I have a scheduling conflict. But I will be there in spirit (and be wishing I was there in body as well).
Red Arrow

Hello all,
Was fortunate enough to make it to the moot with my two kids that I mustered (threatened?) to come with me. Not a tournament just a casual gathering which encouraged you to be creative and use a different deck, if you have them, every game. There were eight of us there. My deck of 4 hobbits as starters evidently needed a lot of tweaking to be competitive. While my kids who are newcomers to this game seemed to have fared better with their own decks.
I drove 4 hours to get to the moot and it was worth it! Gene made sure everyone was busy playing. We played both Saturday and Sunday, sadly the real world intervened and we had to stop. Got to see Sean and Skye again both of which I first met at OrcCon along with Gene back in 2002. John and Larry who were both at Kublacon last May were also there.
Dior

Gah! I *grew up* in Sunnyvale (my Mom still lives there) and I only live about 15-20 minutes away! I need the check these forums more often. :-/

Thanks for the report. I've missed out on MECCG events twice this year!

Return to “USA MECCG Community”