MECCG Event at ConQuest Avalon Nov 2

Goblin King

Please consider joining us at ConQuest Avalon in Sacramento, CA on November 2 for a challenge deck event. I will be hosting this event and I'm sure we can find plenty of time and space to play additional games at the convention. The event is scheduled from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday.
Red Arrow

Goblin,

I am still trying to check/see what options I have to get to Sacramento for this meet. Though sadly, this time, I may not make it.

So if I don't see you guys at Avalon, I hope to travel north again for conquestsac or kublacon.

Happy gaming!
Kjeld

I'm planning on making it out for this event, as Sacramento is a pretty easy trip from the Bay! I have three minion challenge decks I can bring with me, plus what I think is very solid (hero) Arda deck.
Goblin King

And a good time was had by all!
We showed up wearing Lidless Eye logo shirts and I think it worked to lure people to us.
We had a total of six players at our event on Saturday.
I got in three different games. First my White Hand deck (Saruman) faced off against the Lidless Eye deck. We fought to a tie 26 points each. Meanwhile, Gene reintroduced a play to the game he hasn't touched since 1995 using a couple of wizard challenge decks.
Then I played against another fallen wizard deck. Saruman vs Alatar. I ended up on top of that one by about 6 marshal points. Meanwhile, Larry introduced a new player to the game using challenge decks and Gene headed off to Oregon.
Finally, Patrick broke out the Arda game for a four player game. It was an absolute blast. There's no better way to teach the game to new players, I think and the sheer randomness of the decks make accomplishments that much more cool. I was very excited because, not only did I manage to transform Strider into Aragorn on the same turn I got Narsel, but he later placed the One Tree at Minas and recruited Boromir.
Anyhow, we ended up calling the game so people had a change to get home at a reasonable hour. Larry was the winner with me in second. I'm planning to get my Arda decks out at a local game meet up and hopefully build on the local interest we found at the convention.
Thanks a lot everyone! Let's all stay in touch through these boards!
Kjeld

It was a great time! I got to play a Fallen Alatar deck, and although I screwed up by running across the breadth of Middle Earth to recruit Earcaraxe after Saruman had finished wracking up major [-me_mp-] down in the coastal seas area, it was still a lot of fun to dodge dragon strike after dragon strike with two humble hobbits (the Bilbo/Fatty combo).

Anyhow, definitely looking forward to more Bay Area games!

Return to “USA MECCG Community”