MECCG at Gamex 2015! Memorial Day Weekend at LAX Hilton!!

TradewindRider

Greetings All,

Am pleased to announce that there will once again be Middle Earth CCG at the Gamex 2015 this coming Memorial Day weekend! Details are still being worked out, but the plan for now is as follows:

- Friday afternoon: Casual gaming in the CCG room.
- Saturday afternoon: Hero vs Hero constructed, Multi-Player Arda.
- Sunday afternoon: Open Constructed (Hero/Minion/Fallen Wizard), Multi-Player Arda.

Please message back to let us know if you'll be attending, so we can prepare accordingly. It will be a fun weekend--looking forward to seeing everyone!

TradewindRider
(formerly traderider)

P.S.

(1) The location of Gamex 2015 is: Hilton Los Angeles Airport, 5711 W Century Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90045.
(2) Here is the link for the convention: http://www.strategicon.net/index.php?goto=cp
JeekElem

I'll be there. You mentioned in your other post about playing on a weekend once in a while. I would be up for that as well.
TradewindRider

Greetings All,

The MECCG tournaments below have been added to the official Gamex 2015 schedule:

- Saturday, 23 May, 1 PM: Hero vs Hero constructed, Multi-Player Arda.
- Sunday, 24 May, 1 PM: Open Constructed (Hero/Minion/Fallen Wizard), Multi-Player Arda.

We hope to see as many of you as possible at the LAX Hilton on both Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon on Memorial Day weekend!

TradewindRider
Kjeld

Wish I could make it, but LA is a bit far to travel for me right now.
JeekElem

Signed up for the Arda on Satruday and constructed on Sunday. See you there.
TradewindRider

Greetings All,

Memorial Day weekend is finally upon us, and just one more reminder that we'll be gathering at the Gamex convention at the LA Hilton this weekend:

- Saturday, 23 May, 1 PM: Hero vs Hero Constructed, Multi-Player Arda.
- Sunday, 24 May, 1 PM: Open Constructed (Hero/Minion/Fallen Wizard), Multi-Player Arda.

We hope to see as many of you as possible this weekend! A couple of us will be in the card room for some casual gaming roughly 4:00-10:00 on Friday, so feel free to drop by!

TradewindRider

P.S.

(1) Hotel address is: Hilton Los Angeles Airport, 5711 W Century Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90045.
(2) Link to parking options: http://www.strategicon.net/index.php?goto=parking
Red Arrow

see you guys Tomorrow!
TradewindRider

Greetings All,

A heart-felt thank you to all of you who were able to attend the MECCG events this past weekend at LAX! We are very pleased with the turnout, and greatly encouraged with the contacts we made with former players who might be interested in going "back to the fray." :)

We held small Arda game on Friday afternoon/evening, both an Hero Constructed and Arda game on Saturday afternoon, and then an Open Constructed and two Arda games on Sunday afternoon and evening! Dan had a great weekend and actually won both the constructed events, by a landslide in the Hero Constructed with a tried-and-true Short Rest deck, and by a hair (1 tournament point) on Sunday that was decided by an influence attempt on Voteli, of all people! Thanks to Red Arrow for GM'ing the constructed tourneys and bringing his usual crew!

Last but not least, much appreciation to Gene B. for bringing his Arda deck and running the Arda games! This format not only provides experienced players the opportunity to try out plays not planned or even possible in constructed formats, but it also makes the game accessible to new players.

We're making plans to reconvene at LAX for Gateway 2015 over the Labor Day weekend, 4-6 September! Please keep your calendars open, and we'll see you again soon!

Tradewind Rider
stedanko

Hey, the hero constructed also just came down to the missed dunk attempt roll for >3. Otherwise, that would've been a different result altogether. Definitely had the dice on my side, maybe I should've been in Vegas. One, maybe two characters corrupted between all the games.

Was great to get in a lot of playing after missing the last couple events. Thanks to everyone who showed, and Larry for the sleeves that will be put to good use!
Red Arrow

To everyone that came to Gamex 2015 to play this game... THANKS for a very nice turn out! It was definitely fun to see you guys again.

For those not familiar with Gamex, its one of three conventions under the Strategicon events held in Los Angeles. Over the last two years we have seen players regularly come and support MECCG at Strategicon events. And with such short notice this time, I was pleasantly surprised to see the turn out we had. Many thanks to Tradewind Rider for making sure we got the game in the events. If you had not pushed for it there won't be any meccg at Gamex this year.

Thanks to Stedanko and CuriousGene for bringing younger minds to watch and even play the game. Thanks to Gene B for making ARDA available as well as his great knowledge of rules. He has become our goto guy for rules clarification.

See you guys at Gateway 2015 on Labor Day weekend!
TradewindRider

By the way, Curious Gene, we missed you late Sunday--I'll be sure to bring these red card sleeves for you! :D
curiousgene

TradewindRider wrote:By the way, Curious Gene, we missed you late Sunday--I'll be sure to bring these red card sleeves for you! :D
The kids were rapidly losing steam, and it seemed like a strategic retreat was my best option. For Gateway my wife is coming along to keep an eye on them while I play. I... well, I hope that turns out to be a good idea. Time will tell.

Woo! Card sleeves!

Return to “USA MECCG Community”