MECCG at ConQuest Avalon, 9-11 November

the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Sounds like a good time! :D

Please send me a PM with whatever details you want me to add to the home page Upcoming Events section!

Cheers
TradewindRider

A great many thanks to the Goblin King for hosting this past weekend’s MECCG gathering at the McClellan Conference Center in Sacramento, CA. The center is a large facility that was part of the flight line operational buildings for the former McClellan AFB, and ConQuest Avalon gaming was located in southern wing. Unlike the LAX Hilton location for the thrice-a-year Strategicon, there are plenty of places to go eat nearby, and the on-site deli opened for us on the Saturday—the reuben sandwich I had for lunch was most excellent! Am certainly looking forward to attending ConQuest at this location in the future!

There were only a few of us attending for the MECCG festivities, but we played Friday night, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning. I had prepped 10 separate MECCG decks—hero, One Ring, all Fallen Wizards, a Lidless Eye, a Nazgul, and a Dain Dwarf-Lord deck, and am pleased to say that all except the Dain deck were played over the weekend. We played a lot of 1-1 games, but the highlight was a Hero Arda game on Saturday. I had a fairly decent draft with my favorite characters, but lost Thrain to a totally unexpected Press Gang and that meant a last-place finish. Our winner, Brian, managed to win with 23 points, holding off Goblin King’s late rush and passing a corruption check of 9 (I believe).

All that said, a dose of the real world was ever present during the weekend—during my drive up from Southern California, I approached the smoke that is emanating from the Camp Fire around Paradise, CA, and lost the sun about 2 hours from my destination. The smoke hung very heavy in the air all weekend, and Goblin King indicated the same thing happened during other fires earlier this year. Please include the people of Paradise in your thoughts and prayers.
rezwits
Council Member

– Tradewind

Wow, sounds like you guys had some fun. Sadly with the fires and smoke nearby...

I am definitely looking forward to hosting something in January 2019.

If you want to know more about the shop have a look at:

https://shopofmagic.com

They have, like I said, 8 or so rooms, for private gaming which easily hold up to 8-10 players!

Setting things up should be no problem either, it's just a matter of showing up at the store...

Let me know, the best dates for you guys of course, as KNOWN attendance helps!

Laters... (enjoy the holidays)
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

rezwits wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:17 am I am definitely looking forward to hosting something in January 2019.

If you want to know more about the shop have a look at:

https://shopofmagic.com

They have, like I said, 8 or so rooms, for private gaming which easily hold up to 8-10 players!

Setting things up should be no problem either, it's just a matter of showing up at the store...

Let me know, the best dates for you guys of course, as KNOWN attendance helps!

Laters... (enjoy the holidays)
If the California crew decides to come out for this, I will attempt to fly in for it as well. I can't commit yet to making it, but I will give it an honest effort. I miss rezwits. :cry:
Kjeld

Posting here since perhaps the California Bay Area crew will notice.

CDavis7M is putting together an order for custom dice with the runes of each of the wizards and another for Ringwraiths in place of the normal "6". The colors match up with the avatars, too! See the post here.

I'm planning on order a set (6 pairs of 2 dice, 12 total) for myself, but it may make sense to combine shipping if others in the area would also like to get in on this. Let me know!
Goblin King

I'll say yes to ordering a set and I think we can also order a set for Gene and Brian.
Kjeld

Sounds good. I'll go ahead and place the additional orders with CDavis7M!

Return to “USA MECCG Community”