California Player Hub: Bay Area (SF/SJ) and Sacramento

Goblin King

Hi Everyone,
We have seen a lot of activity recently in the Bay Area and the Sacramento Region! There have been many former players reactivating recently which is very exciting! So I want to start placing down information here because it is a common resource for all players in this area. Feel free to say hello under this thread if you live in the region or feel free to track me down and ask about an upcoming gathering in this area.

So here we go!

First off, I've started a weekly play group in Sacramento at There & Back Cafe in downtown Sacramento. We meet each Friday from about 6:30 to closing (9:30 or 10). We play 1v1, and I can also bring Challenge Decks or Wizards of Middle Earth if you don't have cards. Just show up and play (but let me know ahead of time you are coming so I can bring them).

Then, once per month, on a weekend we are starting to organize a Saturday or Sunday tournament or casual gathering. These are rotating between Sacramento and the Bay Area. So far, we've held them at There & Back Cafe in Sacramento and at Game Kastle in Fremont. We are open to finding other locations as well!

I know of three regular players of MECCG in the Sacramento region, including myself. In SF/SJ area there are 6 or more. Between the two, we can consistently get 5 or 6 people gathering on a weekend to play. I would love to see this number grow to 8 people consistently gathering and holding a small tournament! It would be just like old times! (1995-97 in Riverside, CA.)

I will post here when and where our next event is scheduled. I'm encouraged by the number of folks who have decided to haul their collections out of storage and join us in relearning the rules and rekindling the passion for this wonderful game.
Please join us!
Goblin King

Game Kastle in Fremont CA, 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 2nd. We have 9 players confirmed. We will have ARDA Wizards of Middle Earth, Challenge Decks and also constructed decks. Something for all levels of player: No card ownership necessary. If you are brand new or returning to the game after years away, ARDA will teach you the basics. If you know the basics, try piloting a pre-constructed challenge deck. Or test you tournament caliber deck against others doing the same.
Goblin King

On Saturday we will again be gathering at Game Kastle in Fremont for a day of MECCG and also some LOTR LCG. We have located a couple new or returning players and are hoping to see them as well as several of the people who joined us in December. With luck this will be come a regular thing (about every other month) and our Northern California player base will continue to expand.

Return to “USA MECCG Community”