GLOBAL PLAYERS LIST

Announcements & discussion of CoE related issues.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Hello All,

There was an old and outdated Global Players List on the old home page. I am putting together a new and updated Global Players List as a resource for all current players and collectors of MECCG. However, instead of posting the list to the home page like before, this new list will be maintained in the forums. The reason for this is so that members can have their personal details like name, location and email kept somewhat private and not easily accessible to spam hunters, site scrapers, and any other unscrupulous dregs of the internet.

The new Global Players List will be maintained as a separate sub-forum in the Odds, Ends, & Hobbit Holes forum, you will see it at the top of that page.

To access this forum, the instructions are simple:

Send me a PM with the following details:
- First and Last Name
- Country of residence
- City and State (if applicable) of residence
- Current email address
- Favorite MECCG game format(s)

I will then update your info on the Global Players List and give you special permission to access this forum. Your information will only be view-able by other registered members of the forum who have also provided their info and been granted special permission. I hope this in the end will turn out to be a valuable resource for everyone.

Thanks for your attention and best wishes!

Gavin
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

Hi Gavin,

Thanks again for huge work !

Please note that several players rarely or never use the forum.
So they won't PM you.
According to this the global players list would not be complete.

It's the reason why I manage the french player lists by 2 ways :
- a Google mail list to be sure informations reach every player
- a post listing players (without email) to show in which region live active and less active players (have a look here viewtopic.php?f=74&t=1719&p=24510#p24510)

Thus I suggest adding active players not using forum (with their permission naturally).
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Franck,

You are welcome my friend!

You make an excellent point and suggestion!

So if anyone knows of a player who agrees to be placed on the list but they do not frequent the forum, please PM me the same info listed above and I will have them added.

Please only submit info for players who are currently active (even if they only play occasionally, that's ok).
kober

I'd like to suggest adding a direct link on the website that would point to the Global Player List somehow. Or a sub-section (sub-page) that would explain that such a thing as GPL do exist and this-and-this is they way to access it.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

kober wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:59 am I'd like to suggest adding a direct link on the website that would point to the Global Player List somehow. Or a sub-section (sub-page) that would explain that such a thing as GPL do exist and this-and-this is they way to access it.
A great suggestion, thanks! I had thought about this but wasn't sure how I was going to do it yet. I will put this on my list.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

kober wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:59 am I'd like to suggest adding a direct link on the website that would point to the Global Player List somehow. Or a sub-section (sub-page) that would explain that such a thing as GPL do exist and this-and-this is they way to access it.
Completed. You will find it under the Resources section on the home page.

Return to “Council Business”