Cloaked by Darkness with opponent's Great Shadow

The place where the NetRep and the rules wizards discuss upcoming rulings
miguel
Ex NetRep

Marcos inquired if it's allowed to play Cloaked by Darkness when opponent's Great Shadow is in play.
Cloaked by Darkness wrote:Balrog specific. Playable on a company if Great Shadow is in play. You may bring this card from your sideboard into your play deck and reshuffle during your organization phase. The hazard limit against the company is reduced by one to no minimum.
Can opponent's resources be used as conditions for your own? Gollum/Stinker was the first thing that came to mind.
Stinker wrote:Unique. Playable at Goblin-gate or Moria. Manifestation of Gollum and My Precious. If his company's size is less than three, tap Stinker to cancel one attack against his company keyed to Wilderness or Shadow-land. You may tap Stinker if he is at the same non-Darkhaven site as The One Ring; then both Stinker and The One Ring are discarded.
He can get rid of opponent's One Ring, but perhaps it is just a special case. I am, of course, mostly worried about opening a can of worms here. Thoughts?
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Can you use opponents GoM? That should about settle it no?
miguel
Ex NetRep

I guess so, good work. If anyone can think of a troublesome situation though, I'm still interested. :)
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

CRF, Rulings by Term' Active Conditions wrote:Your opponent's resources may be the active conditions for your resources, but may
not be the targets for your resources.
miguel wrote:He can get rid of opponent's One Ring, but perhaps it is just a special case.
It refers to The One Ring at the same non-Darkhaven site. It extends normal conditions that target must fulfill (e.g. not be an opponent character, or resource). See also minion The Arkenstone.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Return to “Rules and Rulings - NetRep Discussion Forum”