crown of flowers being asociated with any resource

The place where the NetRep and the rules wizards discuss upcoming rulings
marcos
Council Member

Crown of flowers wrote:Permanent-event
Environment. Crown of Flowers has no effect until you play a resource with it. You can play one resource from your hand with this card. The resource is considered to be played and to be in play as though Gates of Morning were in play and Doors of Night were not. Crown of Flowers does not affect the interpretation of any card except the resource played with it. Discard Crown of Flowers when the resource is discarded. Discard the resource if Crown of Flowers is discarded.
I heard people speaking about playing any kind of resource with this card.
The most clear example was to play SacForm with it, then twilght crown of flowers so SacForm would be discarded, allowing a second or even a third SacForm to be played.

Thoughts?
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

You would still need to fulfill the conditions on sac of form no? This would cause the wizard to be discarded along with his followers and items placed off to the side? I'd need to read sac of form.
marcos
Council Member

SacForm wrote:Spell. Wizard only. All of the strikes from one attack against your Wizard's company fail; -3 to any body checks made to determine if the attack is defeated. Discard the Wizard (i.e. he becomes unrevealed) and any non-item cards he controls. Place any items he controls under his card and keep these off to the side (these items are considered to still be in play). If the Wizard is put back into play, return his items to him and place Sacrifice of Form with him. Wizard receives +1 to his prowess, body and direct influence. May not be duplicated on a given Wizard.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

marcos wrote:
SacForm wrote:Spell. Wizard only. All of the strikes from one attack against your Wizard's company fail; -3 to any body checks made to determine if the attack is defeated. Discard the Wizard (i.e. he becomes unrevealed) and any non-item cards he controls. Place any items he controls under his card and keep these off to the side (these items are considered to still be in play). If the Wizard is put back into play, return his items to him and place Sacrifice of Form with him. Wizard receives +1 to his prowess, body and direct influence. May not be duplicated on a given Wizard.
Sure so all the conditions must be fulfilled on Sac of Form. Why would you want to discard your wizard/followers, move items off to the side, etc multiple times?
marcos
Council Member

to kill multiple creatures, i know it is not too practical, but the fact is SacForm being played more than once
miguel
Ex NetRep

I think it's allowed to play any (hero/stage) resource with CoF, but of course any requirements for playing said resource would still need to be met.
Wacho

I agree that it does allow the play of multiple SoFs. But this also brings up the question of what happens when the opponent Twilights or otherwise discards Crown while the wizard is unrevealed. Presumably the items under SoF would be discarded, but what happens in regards to the wizard? Is he considered dead, or simply still unrevealed and the player can play him normally?
miguel
Ex NetRep

Yes the items would go to discard (per losing their host), but getting rid of SoF would not affect the wizard's (re)playability in any way.
CRF: Card Errata and Rulings: Sac of Form wrote:After Sacrifice of Form is played, you may not play a different Wizard and your opponent may not play the Wizard you sacrificed.
Note that the above is a ruling, not an erratum. Therefore it doesn't matter if SoF leaves play.

I was actually asked this via email, so I'm including it in the new digest draft. :)
miguel
Ex NetRep

Published in digest #123. Locked.

Return to “Rules and Rulings - NetRep Discussion Forum”