snowstorm

The place where the NetRep and the rules wizards discuss upcoming rulings
marcos
Council Member

a question regarding snowstorm vs witheread lands showed up at the spanish forum. Now, the original question was this: Is it possible to play a witheread land to make a company return to site of origin if a snowstorm is in play? But we ended up talking about the possibility of playing the witheread lands in response to the trigger of snowstorm whenever there isn't any [-me_wi-].
In my oppinion it is possible to respond even when there isn't any [-me_wi-]. According to this annotation:
CRF, ruling by terms, Passive conditions wrote:Annotation 9: If a card specifies that an action is to occur as a result of some specific passive condition, this action becomes automatically the first action declared in the chain of effects to immediately follow the chain of effects producing the passive condition. The passive condition must exist when this resulting action is resolved in its own chain of effects, or the action is canceled. Note that actions in the strike sequence follow a different set of rules.
i came to this conclusion:
1- Snowstorm triggers when to company moves and checks for any [-me_wi-] (passive condition)
2a- With withered lands, snoestorm checks a [-me_wi-] and the company returs to site of origin (action resolved)
2b- Without withered lands snowstorm isn't able to check for a [-me_wi-] and the action is canceled (passive condition doesn't exist and action is cancelled)

Am i right? or won't Snowstorm trigger until there is a [-me_wi-] on the site path?
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Snowstorm sets up a passive condition.

Passive condition says if X then Y.

Example, Rank Upon Rank sets up a passive condition, If there is a man attack then add 1 strike and 1 prowess . . .

Snowstorm if companies moves through [-me_wi-] then return to site of orgin.

Snowstorm's passive condition won't trigger until the condition is met. So yes snowstorm sits in play waiting for [-me_wi-] to appear. You could use withered lands to change their site path and bounce them I believe. I need to see the wording on withered lands.
miguel
Ex NetRep

I agree with Brian.

Marcos, do we need some ruling on this, or just lock the thread and you can explain it on the Spanish forum?
marcos
Council Member

i already did, we can lock it
miguel
Ex NetRep

Locked.

Return to “Rules and Rulings - NetRep Discussion Forum”