Bringing agents into play at Minion Bree for FW

The place where the NetRep and the rules wizards discuss upcoming rulings
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

As there seems to be no definite answer to this I decided to bring it before the NetRep-team.

My question was:
The minion version of Bree allows Agent minions to be brought into play under [-me_di-] .

As I read the rules for a Fallen Wizard player the only agent that may be brought into play in Bree using its special effect is Baugur. All other agents are considered Agent heroes for a FW player, right?
marcos
Council Member

CHARACTERS AND COMPANIES

All of your non-Orc and non-Troll characters are considered to be hero characters. Thus, a company consisting of only such characters is treated as a hero company. Such a company is covert for the purposes of playing minion resources.
This comes from MEWH rules. In my oppinion, the fact that they are considered hero shouldn't stop the fact that they are actually minion (characters with purple template), in a similar way that a twilight can be considered a resource but it is still a hazard. Therefore, my answer would be: yes, you can play any agent there.

Oppinions?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Agent character is both minion character and hazard.
When it is being played as hazard it is not treated as character. In such situation no one can say that minion character is being played.

Per analogy:
Deadly Dart is minion resource item card that can be used as hero resource. When it is being played at hero site by FW player is it at that moment treated as a minion resource (according to its template) - making it impossible to play, or as a hero resource?
If all non-Orc, non-Troll characters of FW player are considered to be hero characters, why when minion non-Orc, non-Troll character card is being played as character by FW player, someone could say that minion character is being played?

I think that FW player could play non-Orc, non-Troll agent minions at minion Bree only if there would be rule that says that for FW player all non-Orc, non-Troll characters become hero when successfully played. There is no such rule though and I do not see that it may be implied from existing rules.

All above assuming that text of minion Bree card is meaningful.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Return to “Rules and Rulings - NetRep Discussion Forum”