Pierced by many assassins

The place where the NetRep and the rules wizards discuss upcoming rulings
Wacho

I think this is merely an example of the imprecise language that ICE used. However, if we want to take these quotes literally then the quote I mentioned needs to be taken literally too. While Assassin has a CRF entry that clears things up there are other relevant situations like the situation with Itangast Ahunt that Mark mentioned, or if you play More Sense than You. In these cases the attacker would not be allowed to assign -1 modifiers. I suppose that would make this a ruling on a new slightly different topic then.
miguel
Ex NetRep

Once again, I was talking about the term defending characters. Imprecise or not, I haven't seen any evidence leading to a contrary interpretation. Until I do, this ruling will stand.

As for -1 modifiers from excess strikes, that's another subject already, so it should be in a different thread. Yes the wording in the rules is poor and CRF even refers to company size (???:shock:???) instead of the number of characters, but the CRF entry on Assassin would lead me to believe that any unassigned strikes may be used as -1 modifiers. I do believe people are playing like this already, but if you feel we need to make a ruling on it please open a new thread for that.

I'm locking this one for now.

Return to “Rules and Rulings - NetRep Discussion Forum”