What are each of the MECCG complete sets really worth?

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
Aranarth

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently in a debate over the monetary value of the MECCG sets - in particular The Wizards Limited.

What are they worth? In USD or Euros? Is worth established by compiling an average of all fixed prices from dealers inside and outside of ebay? Should value consider open auctions (without fixed prices) on ebay? A recent auction for the Wizards Limited went for only $208! Please offer your opinion.

Here's mine based on what I've seen lately:

$325 The Wizards Limited
$225 The Wizards Unlimited
$65 Dragons
$150 Dark Minions
$350 The Lidless Eye
$350 Against the Shadow
$65 The White Hand
$350 The Balrog (sealed)
??? The Balrog open (one of each card....including one of each grey-bordered reprint?)
tbadiuk

They're worth exactly what someone is willing to pay. 8)

You'll see a range of prices on some sites (Ebay included). I've seem limited English METW go for $150-$250. It's a bit luck, plus a bit how the set is presented and described. Usually, sets described with "cards unplayed, straight from packs to binder" tend to go for a premium over sets that don't list the cards as NM/M/unplayed.

For your other prices, they are all in the ballpark range that you will see on sites like Ebay. I'd only say that your MEAS price is a bit at the high end, as I've seen sets go for closer to high $200's, low $300's.

Also, there are deals if you look. I recently picked up 4 sealed boxes of unlimited METW starters (40 starters total) for $120 + $15 shipping! :D You have to be quick though...!

Ted
telengard

I'm glad I found this post. I am selling all of my cards, complete playsets of all released sets and had no idea what my MEAS, MEBA, and MELE were worth.
They don't seem to show up often enough on eBay for me to determine there worth, so thanks for the info!!

~telengard
telengard

Are there any similar estimations for the books? I have all of the books except for the Wizard's Casual Companion (including Unexpected Party and strategy guide). I have no idea what these are worth.

regards,
~telengard
Muad'Dib

Its always hard to talk about prices. For example few days ago was Balrog set on ebay. Seller wanted at least 600$ so nobody bought it. The same situations is with books like Hands of the Healer and The Northern Waste. Both are expensive (on ebay at least 150$) and also nobody "buy it now". Of course they are rare books but too expensive. On the other hand 2 weeks ago we had some pins for sale. Seller didnt know they are worth something but I.C.E. was sold for 114euro - all guys were really suprised. As tbadiuk said
They're worth exactly what someone is willing to pay
Its better to set lower prices - if somebody really wants, will fight for it :D This game is "dead" and some cards & stuff are chaeper than in the past and some of them are more expensive.

Your prices depends on how much you need money/dont want cards anymore. If you just want to sell them its much easier but if you expect to earn some money it can be difficult.
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.

Return to “The Marketplace”