The Balrog, Wizards, Dragons and Dark Minions

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
Peanut

Is there still a demand for these? I have both boxes, complete and unused. I also have complete, in sleeves, Wizards, Dragons and Dark Minions together with twelve of the promos (missing Never Seen Him), all black bordered (well, except the Fatty Bolger promo of course). I started to collect them for the art.

If I was to sell them what should I be looking at getting for the Balrog sets and the collection? I have a daughter's wedding to pay for and a wife who wants my games collection wittled down :cry:
milohilltopple

I would have loved to help you out with buying, but I just made a few purchases of a Dragons and Dark Minions sets on ebay. You could check there for prices, but I don't think what they have posted is selling too quick (guess it depends on when you need the money for the wedding). I think a complete set of The Wizards (1 of each card) goes for around $300. I've seen The Balrog sets go for around $400. Again, that is the prices posted and not sure how many have sold. There are some rares from The Wizards I would be interested in, so I might be able to help you out a bit. As for the Balrog, I could maybe do $100, but that is mostly due to my finances at the moment.

I hear you on the wife. She's not too fond of geek games, so I've kept my collection pretty limited.
milohilltopple

Ok, spoke to soon. Lost an auction on a decent set of cards from The Wizards, so I'll probably be interested in more cards form that set (commons, uncommons, and rares).
Peanut

Thanks for the responses, both here and PMs. As I'm in the UK I need to check shipping costs here and to the US (another thing to try and find the time to do... :roll: ). Will then decide what route to go. Watch this space.
Peanut

Now listed on ebay

The Balrog
The Wizards
Dragons
Dark Minions
Promos

Thanks again for assistance and advice.
bobloblah

Hey there...just joined the site, and your auctions were one of the first things I saw. I hate to tell you this, but I think your prices on both the Dark Minions and (in particular) the Dragons auctions are quite a bit higher than those sets actually sell for these days. It'd be one thing if yours were the only ones available at the moment (though they may be on eBay), but both are readily available right now from other sellers. Anyway, not trying to tell you what to do, just wanted to give you a heads up.

Best of luck with the wedding.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm looking at buying one set of each of those at the moment, but the prices in North America are half (for Dark Minions) and one-fifth ( :shock: for the Dragons) of what you're asking.
Peanut

No problem. It was difficult researching a value for the sets. If they sell, they sell. If not then nothing lost (except, maybe, a bit of harmony at home :wink: ) and I re-evaluate. Benefits of an open market :)
bobloblah

Absolutely!

I made an inquiry about your Balrog set on eBay, too. Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't worry too much about a little bit of off-centre cutting; it sounds to me like yours is better than most, as it's a very common problem.

Best of luck with the sales.
Peanut

Now relisted.
Peanut

Both the Balrog and the Dark Minions sets have sold.

Other three sets relisted.

Return to “The Marketplace”