tyhjaarpa's sales/trade list and needs

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
tyhjaarpa

Updated list after some good trades and added some extra cards I have had laying around.
Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?
tyhjaarpa

Updated list.
tyhjaarpa

Updated list after some trades.
tyhjaarpa

Updated list.
tyhjaarpa

Updated list after some trades.
Lake Town Geezer

I would be amazed if you ever get a Dutch Fatty... some say they are rarer than Jap Fury. It will be fascinating to see if you do. Good luck though!
tyhjaarpa

Lake Town Geezer wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:54 pm I would be amazed if you ever get a Dutch Fatty... some say they are rarer than Jap Fury. It will be fascinating to see if you do. Good luck though!
I don't know where you have got this idea of rarity as what I'm aware of the dutch fatty is more common than either of the dutch test of forms, which I have both and jap fury is a lot rarer than either of those versions. Last sales of either I have seen the jap fury went for over 10 times more of what dutch fatty sold for.
Lake Town Geezer

RE Dutch Fatty vs. Japanese Fury.

The evidence is anecdotal, but it is a fascinating debate - which is rarer?

I do not want to mention names, as it is not right to do so, but my thinking is:

1. The general consensus seems to be (from older posts on the old CoE forum) that there were about 30 Japanese Fury in existence. There were originally more, but they were apparently destroyed when ICE went bust in the late 90s. Then of that 30 most are still locked in Japan, but a few - maybe lest than 10 - found their way out of Japan. These few cards are the ones most collectors are after.

2. The dutch fatty I believe was only given out as prizes in a few competitions in Holland in the 90s. I think there were/are more than 30. The issue is though that very few found their way out to collectors. There is one well known dutch player - who no one has heard of for a long time - who some people think had a massive stash of dutch Fatty's hidden away. This may well be a myth though.

I managed to buy a copy from Mathom in Barcelona a few years ago - I think it may have been the last he ever sold. To this day I regret not buying a Japanese Fury from him.

My take on it is that the dutch Fatty may seem more common as the original supply came from Europe - where trading was/is more open. So it may just *seem* more common for this reason. Of course, we just don't know for sure I guess. It is ultra rare though I feel.

The whole story of these ultra rare a really fascinating topic though. The Japanese Black Arrow also seems to be almost as rare as the Fury, maybe only a few copies outside of Japan. Apparently, in Japan you could only get it by buying a load of toys and then sending off for it (or similar). Very few found their way out.
Lake Town Geezer

p.s. I would love to hear from a Dutch player/collector who knows more about thee ancient lore of the 'Dutch Fatty'. The story is almost as interesting for me as the mythical Japanese Fury.
Lake Town Geezer

p.p.s.

There is an interesting story as well about the original batch of English Fatty Bolger promo cards. Apparently these cards were actually stolen from ICE in the 90s. ICE then had to re-print the fatty's before their release. I heard this directly from the artist.
tyhjaarpa

Updated after some trades. Preparing huge trade list as well with needs and haves. Will post it here when I have finished it.
Trotter

PM send about:

A Long-Expected Party: MECCG Sites & Scenarios Book (Sealed Mint/Near Mint) - 150€
Trotter was my name ere I was conceived as Man
tyhjaarpa

Trade list added.
tyhjaarpa

Updated on going trades in the excel.
tyhjaarpa

Trotter wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:20 pm PM send about:

A Long-Expected Party: MECCG Sites & Scenarios Book (Sealed Mint/Near Mint) - 150€
Big thanks again for smooth transaction, pleasure to deal with you.

Also added Pins to my haves as well as couple new cards.

Return to “The Marketplace”