Balrog Fixed Packs - Grey Bordered

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
Kjeld

Does anyone know exactly which cards are included in the gray-bordered fixed packs for the Balrog's Host and Shadow-deeps?

I know that both boxes come with two factory sealed, shrink-wrapped packs, one for the black-bordered Balrog cards and one for the gray-bordered fixed cards. But I don't know what all is included among the gray-bordered packs.
tyhjaarpa

Here is full list of cards included in the boxes, grey-bordered cards are reprints from older expansions with brackers [] in the lists.

Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

The sealed gray bordered packs do include a few black border cards. I forget which ones. I think maybe some of the singleton black border sites, maybe a few others as well. Those sealed packs aren't pure gray border, at least both of them aren't.
tyhjaarpa

the Jabberwock wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:44 am The sealed gray bordered packs do include a few black border cards. I forget which ones. I think maybe some of the singleton black border sites, maybe a few others as well. Those sealed packs aren't pure gray border, at least both of them aren't.
There was at least 2 black border Twilight that I can recall, but those are reprints as well.
Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

tyhjaarpa wrote:
the Jabberwock wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:44 am The sealed gray bordered packs do include a few black border cards. I forget which ones. I think maybe some of the singleton black border sites, maybe a few others as well. Those sealed packs aren't pure gray border, at least both of them aren't.
There was at least 2 black border Twilight that I can recall, but those are reprints as well.
Yes you are right, but those are not the ones I'm talking about. I'm referencing black borders that are unique to The Balrog set.
CCG Collector

tyhjaarpa wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:35 am
The red box, The Shadow-deeps, had two black-bordered Twilight cards that nonetheless had a 1997 copyright. The blue box, Balrog's Host, also contained two Twilight cards, but those had the correct grey borders.

As for which sealed packs contained which cards, I'm afraid I couldn't say; I purchased my Balrog set already opened.
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

I recently opened 1 factory sealed gray border pack from The Balrog. The following non-gray bordered cards were included at the bottom of the pack:

Barad-Dur
Carn Dum
Cirith Gorgor
Cirith Ungol
Dol Guldur
Minas Morgul
Remains of Thangorodrim

While I didn't unseal the second gray border pack (it was already opened), to the best of my knowledge and memory I believe it contained all gray bordered cards. If anyone else finds something different, please post in this thread. Thanks

Return to “The Marketplace”