How much are the Player's Guides / Companions worth?

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Hello all,

I am having a hell of a time determining a fair value for the various MECCG books that ICE published.

Immediately, I would like to know a fair value for The Lidless Eye Companion.

There is a single copy on eBay from Germany for sale for $287.80, but that seems quite high to me (and is just an ask price, which doesn't necessarily mean much). I will acknowledge, however, that I have no real knowledge of these particulars though. So maybe the value is higher than I would have thought.

Additionally, I would like to know fair values for all of the rest of the books.

Much thanks,

JabberwocK
rezwits
Council Member

Ballpark?

depending on which METW one you are getting:
The METW Block are $10-$35
The MELE ones are $50 each

Just saying but that was like 2 years ago pricing...
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

I saw some of the books on ebay from time to time. Mostly prices are quite high and the books won't sell. The Player Guides, apart from METW, are very hard to get nowadays. The Companions are easier to get, especially the METW Companion.

I would consider something between 30-50 US$ a fair price for the MELE Companion.
Kjeld

The Lidless Eye Player Guide very rarely comes up for sale, though the companion does occasionally; I'd put the companion at around $40, and the player guide maybe $60-$80? The METW Companion and Player Guide pop up frequently, I'd probably value them around $15 and $25-$30 respectively. The METD and MEDM player guides are a little less common, though there's usually some posted on ebay for $50-$60 -- considering they don't seem to sell at that price, I'd say maybe around $30-$40 for those.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Thanks for the input guys!
CCG Collector

I don't think I paid more than $50 for any of them, besides perhaps A Long-Expected Party (The Wizard's Companion and Casual Companion were each $20 in 2015). And even with that last one, there's a Buy It Now listing on eBay for a sealed copy that's only 65 dollars.

EDIT: Only The Wizards and The Lidless Eye had "companion" books, right? I have only Player's Guides for the other sets, and they stop at The Lidless Eye (that is, I don't have any books for Against the Shadow, The White Hand, or The Balrog).
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector

Return to “The Marketplace”