FS - Sets and card lots on eBay

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
Eyelid

Hello to the community,

I'm selling off my collection. This is the second round of card sets and lots.
Here's a link to the full Lidless Eye set: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302605975234 ... 1558.l2649. From there, you can easily check out my auctions.

Here's the full list of what I'm offering:

Card sets

- The Wizards – black borders, full set (no region cards). Please note that the Arwen character card is in French. All other cards are in English.
- The Dragons – full set
- Dark Minions – full set
- The Lidless Eye – full set. This auction also includes eight extra rare cards: The Iron Crown, Hill Trolls, Ice-orcs, Dwarven Ring of Drúin's Tribe, Foul Trophies, Snaga, Calendal, Darkness Under Tree.
- Against the Shadow – full set (including all R1 rare cards)
- The White Hand – full set
- The Balrog – full set (both green and red boxes, though I’m not sure I still have the boxes, I’ll have to check. I do, however, have a copy of the rule book). Please note that there are only three copies of Angband Revisited. The only card list I could find indicates there should be four copies, but I’ve only ever had three. Apart from this, the set is complete.

All cards in these sets are in near-mint or excellent condition (a couple of cards might show a tiny mark or three around the edges, but nothing serious).

They were almost never played with, I was much more of a collector than a player.

Other

- Lot of Against the Shadow cards (154 rare cards, R2 rares only, no R1s, and 64 common/uncommon cards)

- Lot of cards from the black-bordered Wizards series (165 rare cards from the Limited, first edition The Wizards set). Cards are in English, French and German.

- Lot of Dark Minions rare cards (106 rare cards in English and French)

- Lot of cards from the blue-bordered Wizards series (common, uncommon and rare cards from the Unlimited The Wizards set). Almost all cards are blue-bordered, with only a few black-bordered ones. There are 69 rare cards altogether, some in multiples. This lot includes a copy of The One Ring (blue-bordered).

- Lot of 90 cards in Finnish (common, uncommon and rare cards). Lot also includes some region cards. Cards are in mint condition, have never been played with. This represents the contents of six booster packs. The rare cards are: Khamul the Easterling, Dol Guldur, Anduril, the Flame of the West, Bane of the Ithil-stone, Arwen, Agburanar.

- 9 special dice and 2 Hobbit pawns (including two dice that were given out at the Lure of MECCG event).

- One set of all 10 English promo cards

- One set of all 13 German promo cards

- One copy of The One ring (black-bordered) in English, French and German (three separate auctions)

- Two copies of the Fatty Bolger promo card (blue-bordered) in English. Auction is for both copies.

- One copy of the Fatty Bolger card in French (Gros Bolger) (blue-bordered).

- Two copies of the French promo card Merry.

- Three rare Dutch cards (two copies of Assassin and one copy of the Lure of Nature misprint (card has a picture of Daelomin)).

Good luck, and thanks for your interest!
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Ford Prefect
"If you believe in Eternity, then life is irrelevant". House M.D.
Lake Town Geezer

Wow! Another MECCG fan in Belfast! I will definitely bid... Very convenient as I am local to you.
Eyelid

Hi there!

Well, I'm getting out of the game, but I guess you could say I'm still a fan of it! If you do win any of these auctions, I'd be happy to deliver the cards in person.

Good luck!
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Hi Eyelid,

Very sorry to hear you are leaving the game.

I’m sorry we couldn’t do more to keep you interested.

You will receive a warm welcome back should you choose to return some day.

We have some cool things coming for MECCG and I think the future is bright.

Best Wishes
Eyelid

Hi, thanks for the kind words.

I don't believe I'll be coming back to the game, so I hope these cards find a good home.

All the best, and long live MeCCG!
Lake Town Geezer

OK. made some bids. good luck with your auctions!
Eyelid

Thanks, and thank you for bidding. Good luck to you, too!
CCG Collector

Well, if this doesn't make me glad I completed my collection when I did, nothing will. Those final prices are insane.
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector
Lake Town Geezer

It was great fun watching these auctions close out. It looks like the prices for the Lidless Eye set could be a record I guess, and I think it is fair to conclude a set of Balrog cards is now worth >$500 (or £400 approx).

I was lucky and won two of the less expensive lots!
Eyelid

Hello to the community,

Just a quick note to let you know I have listed some complete sets as well as a few near-complete ones on eBay.
Here's the number for one of the auctions: 302637673457. From there, you'll be able to find the ten items I have currently listed.

I still have near-complete sets in French of the Wizards, Dark Minions and the Lidless Eye. If there is any interest for these, please let me know, otherwise I'll most likely list them on eBay as well over the next few weeks.

I hope these cards find a good home. All cards are in English, except for three included in the Wizards set.

Good luck on the auctions!

The Wizards
Near-complete set (no region cards and almost all site cards, but there is one copy of each resource and hazard card).

Please note that three cards in this auction are in French or German:
Arwen (French)
Elrond (French)
Isles of the Dead that Live (German)

Site cards missing:
Barad-dur
Barrow-downs
Carn Dûm
Drúadan Forest
Dunharrow
Edoras
Stone-circle
Thranduil's Halls
Wellinghall

I should also like to point out that the Dol Guldur site has what looks like a bit of faded red ink in the top left-hand corner. I have no idea how this happened. I have included a photo of that card on the auction site.

The Dragons

Near-complete set: all resource and hazard cards present, but no character or site cards.

Dark Minions

Near-complete set: all resource and hazard cards present, but no character or site cards.

The Lidless Eye

Near-complete set: all resource, hazard cards and characters present (including all nine Ringwraiths), but no site cards.
This set includes the Deadly Dart and The Arkenstone resource promo cards.

Additionally, as part of a separate auction, I’m also selling a copy of these two promo cards (The Arkenstone and the Deadly Dart).

Against the Shadow

Near-complete set: a little over half the sites, and one copy of each resource and hazard card (including all R1 rare cards), but no characters. The following sites are missing:

Gobel Mírlond
Nûrniag Camp
Raider-hold

Dancing Spire
Eagles' Eyrie
Gold Hill
Himring
Irerock
Isle of the Ulond
Isles of the Dead that Live
Ovir Hollow
The Under-galleries
Weathertop

The White Hand

Complete set.

The Balrog

Complete set. I no longer have the boxes, but I will include a copy of the rules booklet.
Important note: there are only three copies of Angband Revisited. The only card list I could find indicates there should be four copies, but I’ve only ever had three. Apart from this, the set is complete.
Also, for one card (Twilight), I don’t have any of the reprinted, silver-bordered cards that came with this set, but I will be including three black-bordered copies in this auction for the sake of completeness.

Other

One full set of all nine English promos
One full set of all fourteen German promos
Two promo cards for the Lidless Eye set (The Arkenstone and the Deadly Dart)
Lake Town Geezer

Let the battle commence! Maybe another Balrog set auction record?
CCG Collector

Lake Town Geezer wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:34 am Let the battle commence! Maybe another Balrog set auction record?
It's already up to $460 USD with 9 days left in the auction. This is going to be a trip.
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector
Lake Town Geezer

Looking forward to sitting with a glass of wine watching this auction close out - great entertainment!
Eyelid

I made sure the auctions ended on a Saturday evening just so you could enjoy the last minutes with a nice glass of wine! ;)
Llewy

Cheers! :D

Return to “The Marketplace”