In the shodows but still playing

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
Poniatowski

Hello all, I am posting this here as it is more or less a sale question.... I have dealt with some of you here form the older CCG forums where I was quite active many years ago.....

I am an American player, I used to work/volunteer for ICE as a tournament runner. I no longer have any of the official tournament packets or council of Lorien coins, but I have one set and still lots of the promo cards and buttons....

Since the PJ movies and the new card game came out, I have had zero luck with finding players in America..... I have all of the printed card books, maps and pretty much full sets of everything except Balrog as I hated the artwork...

Is this something worth trying to sell in the US? I wish I could find folks to play with..... I am a casual player and have posted many of my decks on the old, unsupported website.. I forget the name now a days....

Anyway.... worth selling? breaking up by sets and books or sell as a whole? Or, simply keep them..... take them to my grave so to speak?
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Keep them!! Take them to your grave for sure! :D

Seriously though... what part of the USA are you in? There are some active playgroups here and there. Also some other individuals looking to play.

I suggest you join the Global Players List if you have even the slightest inkling of keeping your cards.
CardGameGeek

Pm Sent in case you go down the sell everything route :)
You can always find my MECCG Haves and Wants here.
Proud owner of cardgamegeek.com

In love with MECCG since 1995
Poniatowski

I am in western PA. I absolutely lobe the game.. more than Magic, Rage and VTES.... and, well.. any of the others I have collected over the years. A few years ago, through the old forums (before they were shut down) I was kind of active and I sold/traded with a lot of folks form Europe.... I had tournament kits, coins, promos, etc.... I traded to complete some sets. I am missing only a few cards from TLE I think... I literally have heaps of rares, etc.... Nothing from Balrog.. I am kicking myself there.... I could have gotten a lot of them from ICE.

Anyway... if I do not find folks to play with, I am seriously thinking of selling the whole lot. I usually don't do eBay, etc.... as folks there won't buy whole collections usually. I have all of the books and play maps/large regional maps, etc....
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Did you say you were close to Pittsburgh? I could meet up with you for a game when I visit for work.

Don't sell your cards off if you love the game. Join the GPL and keep your eyes open. I found a devoted fan and player when I lived in Las Vegas who was right under my nose the whole time and I never knew it.

Also, there is a new online platform coming soon to allow the community to play online.

New players continue to join the game... which is one reason we are trying to clean up the rules for MECCG... so those new players don't turn right around and leave the game. :shock:
Poniatowski

Its been a while, didn't remember posting this one.... I would still love to play if I could find players.... I just want to either play or sell.... otherwise, they are collecting dust...., well, not literally, they are in binders and storage totes.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

check out

cardnum.net

to play online, also good to meet NA players there

yours Nicolai
Poniatowski

@Nicolai, I am not seeing anything for your online source? cardnum.net
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Poniatowski

Ok, WOW! I need to see if I can get into this!!!

THANK YOU and not sure how I missed this on the forums.

Return to “The Marketplace”