[WTB] Beginner's Arda

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
ChanSterling

Hey all!

I'm brand new to the game, but I am very excited about it. I got a taste for a simplified Arda deck at Gencon and now I want one for my home.

This is a link to a very basic deck using only cards from The Wizards. If you have any suggestions or would be able to help supply the cards, I would be very excited to chat. I'm primarily looking for US only, as shipping may be a bummer at almost 300 cards.

*** EDIT ***
I got to play a game and I'm totally smitten at this point. After acquiring most of the Arda cards, this is where I'm at.

Here's my current list.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

What that means is that I'm missing the follow cards:

1 Favor of the Valar
1 Great Ship
1 Hiding
1 Ringlore
1 Minions Stir
1 Smaug
1 Dwarven Ring of Barin's Tribe
1 Dwarven Ring of Durin's Tribe
1 Beornings
1 Hobbits
1 Iron Hill Dwarves
1 Men of Anorien
1 Men of Lake-town
1 Rangers of the North
1 Roac the Raven
1 Shadowfax
1 The Arkenstone
1 Tower Guard of Minas Tirith

1 Beorn's House
1 Wellinghall
3 Minas Tirith
1 Isengard
1 Vale of Erech
1 Easterling Camp
1 Edoras
1 Dunharrow
1 Bag End
1 Bree
1 Dead Marshes
1 Iron Hill Dwarf-hold
Last edited by ChanSterling on Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CDavis7M

I'm in the US and recently got back into this game. I have purchased some cards here and there recently, so just offering my opinion.

The good news is that you should be able to easily obtain the core cards for this deck (more on this later). The bad news is that you might have trouble finding someone to put it together for sale. The issue is that most of these cards are commons and uncommons. There is such a disparity between the small value of the cards and the high value of someone's time spent digging and building this set. But someone might be willing to do so out of sheer love of the game.

Good news: These cards seem to be entirely from the original "The Wizards" set. My advice is to just buy lots/bundles of used cards on ebay (vs complete/partial "sets"). Lots of 500+ cards should get you most of what you need, and you can fill in the blanks with plenty of other cards. Plus, buying a bundle/lot of cards will likely be cheaper compared to paying someone to put this together for you.

Welcome and good luck!
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

CDavis makes a good point.

I have some stacks of extra cards I would sell for a good price if I don’t have to take the time to go through them and sort.

Might give you a starting place at least (I didn’t look at the deck list posted, but I know there are mostly Wizards, Dragons and Dark Minions in my stacks).

PM me if interested, and most importantly: Welcome to the MECCG community!! =D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChanSterling

Thank you for the kind welcome and the advice!

I ended up buying a large lot off of eBay because of the recent coupon and I think it worked out beautifully. I was able to build *almost* the whole thing, and it even had a few rares that were out of my budget (Assassin, The One Ring, Shelob, and The Witch-King!)

@the Jabberwock -- I may be interested in a stack, preferably from The Dragons. There could be a few cards I don't know about yet that I'd love to add.

Here's my current list. I will update the main post.

1 Favor of the Valar
1 Great Ship
1 Hiding
1 Ringlore
1 Minions Stir
1 Smaug
1 Beornings
1 Hobbits
1 Iron Hill Dwarves
1 Men of Anorien
1 Men of Lake-town
1 Rangers of the North
1 Roac the Raven
1 Shadowfax
1 The Arkenstone

1 Beorn's House
1 Wellinghall
3 Minas Tirith
1 Isengard
1 Vale of Erech
1 Easterling Camp
1 Edoras
1 Dunharrow
1 Bag End
1 Bree
1 Dead Marshes
1 Iron Hill Dwarf-hold
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

ChanSterling wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:50 pm @the Jabberwock -- I may be interested in a stack, preferably from The Dragons. There could be a few cards I don't know about yet that I'd love to add.

Here's my current list. I will update the main post.

1 Favor of the Valar
1 Great Ship
1 Hiding
1 Ringlore
1 Minions Stir
1 Smaug
1 Beornings
1 Hobbits
1 Iron Hill Dwarves
1 Men of Anorien
1 Men of Lake-town
1 Rangers of the North
1 Roac the Raven
1 Shadowfax
1 The Arkenstone

1 Beorn's House
1 Wellinghall
3 Minas Tirith
1 Isengard
1 Vale of Erech
1 Easterling Camp
1 Edoras
1 Dunharrow
1 Bag End
1 Bree
1 Dead Marshes
1 Iron Hill Dwarf-hold
Send me a PM. I can sell you a stack that includes a lot of Dragons and we can discuss including everything on the list of remaining cards above you need as well (if you are open to Unlimited version). I can always do a custom order. I'm just willing to give much better pricing if there is very little time investment required on my end. (As my free time lately has been stretched... like butter over too much bread).
CDavis7M

Great! I'm glad you had success.

I'm still learning the rules of the game and I've found it useful to go through these solo scenarios: https://meccg.wordpress.com/

Return to “The Marketplace”