[WTB] In USA, Gandalf and Saruman starter decks / METW limited set

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
Tulkas

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are somewhat new to MeCCG, having played a few games on gccg, and we are interested in collecting/playing the cards in print. I was thinking of purchasing the challenge decks, but I've decided to start with The Wizards base set and gradually explore the expansions afterwards. As per the subject above, I am most interested in purchasing the cards to recreate the decks listed here: http://awizardsjourney.businesscatalyst ... arted.html preferably in limited edition format. I am also interested in the METW (complete or partial) limited edition set if anyone was willing to part with it.

Thanks
CDavis7M

Hi Tulkas. Also got (back) into this game recently. I was able to pick up lots of cards fairly cheaply on eBay. But, you really just need to wait a few weeks and find a good price instead of buying the first thing you see.

You should be able to create these decks fairly easily. Sometimes the biggest issue is getting the Fixed cards from the starter decks. Like the Wizards, Aragorn, and Gimli.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Tulkas

Hey, thanks for responding and the advice. I'll keep my eyes open for any deals. I was thinking of opting for the starter decks by Gwaihir but will wait for something to pop up a bit closer to home without the chance element for collecting the fixed cards as you mentioned.
CCG Collector

If you end up going with Gwaihir, grab some of the challenge decks too. With the crazy shipping costs of the store, you definitely benefit from buying in bulk, and the challenge decks each contain a full 110-card playable deck (including wizards).

That said, patience is your friend here. It's been a long time since I've bought MECCG product on eBay, but I remember that people would sell full sets of the fixed cards. If you can find them, that's a much better option, because there's no way of telling which fixed packs you'll be getting in the Wizards starters.
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

or you find a player/collector who does have tons of cards and ask for the fixed you are missing, been ages I seen list for fixed packs, but I should have most flying around somewhere, I be willing to take a look unless you find someone in NA who is closer shipping wise

yours Nicolai
CDavis7M

Tulkas, did you have any luck with this?

I got curious about these gift set starter decks so went through my cards to see if I could follow along with the tutorial game. It turns out that even though I have "a lot" of cards, I only barely had enough to make these 2 decks. I certainly do not have enough cards to make spare decks.

But honestly, I do not recommend setting these 2 decks as your goal. They are too bland and the associated tutorial has no depth. These decks are also not "good", and don't resemble actual decks at all. There is a play through on YouTube that is at least as helpful as doing it yourself.

I think the Challenge Decks are a better place to start. If you want preconstructed decks.
Tulkas

Hi Davis,

No luck with the starter decks, but I believe you are right about changing goals towards the challenge decks. Thank you for taking the time to check the starter decks out.

Regards,
Brian
CDavis7M

Just to solidify my reasoning (and maybe your decision), I just wanted to mention that these decks are both very very similar in their Resource portions (similar characters,similar items, and similar short events). The resources are so similar and basic that they don't feel "fun" at all. There is no complexity, no goal or combo that you are trying to achieve. The decks have Elrohir vs Elladan, Risky Blow vs Lucky Strike (things like this, I already forget the specifics). But the differences are so minimal to leave the game to lucky rolling (assuming similar skill in the players).

The hazard portions are different. One uses Orcs and Minions Stir while the other uses Wolves and Wake of War. At least there is some fundamental combos available in the hazard portions, but still nothing near as complex as the Challenge Decks (which seems simple to the long-time players here). These decks also rely 90% on creatures while most decks you see on here try to use the minimum of 12 creatures in a 30 card deck.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

thefloriantrout

go check out CardNum. light years better (IMHO) than GCGCCQ.

viewforum.php?f=146

Return to “The Marketplace”