SOLD OUT - Custom Avatar-specific Dice

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
CDavis7M

Hi Guys. I received the order of the 5 dice designs from Chessex. Like I said above, I will need to wait until October to order the Saruman dice. And then I will be put in the 8-week manufacturing queue again and I will not get the Saruman dice until December or January.

As of right now, it looks like I will wait to ship the dice until January. I might be able to work something out to split shipping for people in the US if they want the dice early.

I think the dice all look great. Here are some pictures of the dice. (I see that I need to clean my camera sensor). Of course there are variations between the individual colors of dice. I tried to pick out ones that I thought looked more interesting. Some dice colors have less variability. And then some of the dice colors have very similar in patterns among sets of dice. These custom dice are all 16mm. I have placed the ICE dice for reference as many of you have them. The grey ICE dice are also 16mm. The red ICE dice are 18mm.

thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

I have made a seperate order at Chessex for these rune dice sets. In agreement with Chris I will take over all European orders. That means, dice will be sent directly to my home, from where I will take care that those who have preordered (see list in first posting) will receive their dice. Just note, that the complete set wont be available before January 2020 (as Chris has already explained above).
I know most of the Europeans personally, and since they are expected to come to Lure again in 2020, I suggest to hand over the dice there. Those not attending Lure: please contact me in time (best via email: thorondor@gmx.at).
One last thing: I cant give you a final price yet, cause i dont know how much will be added for customs.

Any questions? Feel free to ask!
Kjeld

I received my dice over the weekend, and had a chance to play an ARDA game using the Gandalf and Minion dice (the latter for body checks against opponents :twisted: ). Apart from a distressing number of snake eyes for Gandalf, these dice were amazing. Good work, Chris, and thanks again for all the effort you've put in to these!
matchou

Wow that's looks great !

But I've missed this deal, does it remains some dices in stock ?
Don't Follow Leaders
Watch Parkin' Meters
Darksatin

matchou wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:15 am Wow that's looks great !
But I've missed this deal, does it remains some dices in stock ?
You should ask to Wolfgang (thorondor)
CDavis7M

October is here so I checked back with Cheesex and they did restock certain colors of dice. I placed an order for 50 pairs of the 16mm Mother of Pearl White with Black pips dice having the Saruman rune on the 6-side. Manufacturing will take 9-10 weeks. If you are in the US, I will be checking back with you in a few months.

Hopefully there is not another stock shortage when the time for manufacturing come.

CDavis7M

I received the Saruman dice. I haven't checked them over yet but they are fine at first glance. I plan to ship them out in January.

meaglyn

Awesome! Really looking forward to these as I build out an Arda setup :)
CDavis7M

Another update, I took the dice into bright sunlight and I noticed that the pips and the custom design are slightly different colors. The pips look like a dark brown whereas the design looks black. I talked to Chessex and they said it is black (there is no brown), but it can look like that. These dice are all pre-made with blank faces and that is just how all of the mother of pearl colored dice pips look. I'm taking the them about other options.

Still, the dice might be best as is.

Update: the manufacturer will send replacements in the Nubula Black with White Pips color. I'll provide both colors.
CDavis7M

Here are the replacement dice. These have "nebula" swirls that are black or maybe a midnight blue in the light. The pips are fine to read because the coloring inside obscures the pips on the bottom. Some are darker. Some are more clear. I'll provide both colorings, Nebula and the Pearl above.

Also, I have discussed the issue with Thorondor.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

I have also received the last batch of dice. Quality is good. I will send out a message to all that have preordered sets today.

Thanks to Chris for making this possible!!
meaglyn

Got my sets the other day and finally got to break them out and play with them for a little while. These are excellent! Thanks a bunch for making this happen.

Cheers,
meaglyn
Theo

Likewise. High five [-me_wh-].
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
CDavis7M

Cheers.

For the California players, I will be distributing the Saruman dice at Stratigicon in LA this month. I'll give the rest of the orders to Gene to re-distribute in northern CA.

I looks like there will still be some left-over sets but I'll confirm in a few weeks. So post or PM me if you are in the US.
Elros

I got my sets today. The dices are awesome.

Thanks to CDavis and Thorondor!!

Return to “The Marketplace”