MECCG collection

Everything related to buying, selling or trading your MECCG.
Smylle

Hello everyone, I recently came into a rather large MECCG collection that I wanted to sell. The problem is I don't know next to anything about the game or how to identify set/rarity. Is there any helpful tools to find price or rarity and would it be better to sell in bulk or piece it out. Also would it be better to make a full comprehensive list of everything even though that will probably take forever? Just for scope I'm probably looking at 8 or 9 long boxes including 2 boxes labeled lidless eye 4 challenger decks 1 binder that appears to be a full wizards set as well as like 2 other binders a binder full of the affiliated books a couple of what appears to be homemade decks and more. I would appreciate any help in unloading this collection!
tyhjaarpa

You would get more out of it selling in pieces but it will take longer time. Getting a list of rares would help at least to determine the value.

I personally would sell the full Wizards set as whole and check if there are other full sets and do the same with them. Getting the rares list would help to see if there are any high value rares, I would sell those as singles and probably bulk the rest by sets. Dark Tryst is a non rare card that has its own value worth selling as singles as well. You can find the card/rarity list from here http://www.meccg.net/netherlands/meccg/downloads.html a tip for sorting cards by sets is to look at the icon in bottom right side on one of the circles, for the Wizards its empty though as well as Lidless eye I think, but you can mostly separate those sets by card border color. When you have rares list it would be quite easy to determine value of your collection.
Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?
CDavis7M

Have you seen the Facebook group yet? https://www.facebook.com/groups/6301243471

There is a price list in the Files section there. Also, the FB group had many meet players that might be interested in buying cards while most of the people here have established collections. You can ask for pricing on the Facebook group but they really don't want auctions happening in the comments.

Good luck. I hope they find a home with a player.
Smylle

I appreciate the replies I'll probably go through everything to check the prices and post back on here with the stuff that I find! In case anyone here is Interested!
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

in the attachment you can find an excel file with all cards in all languages with lot of information like rarity. Its sortable, which might be helpful. There are some mistakes, but not with English cards afaik.
Attachments
complete card list.xlsx
(173.28 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
DuncanNeeds2Shave

I'm interested. When you have everything organized and are ready to sell, please post about it. I'll be watching.
dakerjohn

thorondor wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:03 pm in the attachment you can find an excel file with all cards in all languages with lot of information like rarity. Its sortable, which might be helpful. There are some mistakes, but not with English cards afaik.
That's a great resource—thanks for sharing!

I didn't scour it with a fine-tooth comb, but at a glance the only "mistakes" I noticed had to do with errata not reflected in the sheet. For example, A Strident Spawn is in the spreadsheet as a maximum 3 copies (non-unique) card, which is how it was printed originally, but it was later errata'd to be Unique. Ditto with Great Lord of Goblin-gate. One might not even count those as mistakes, and they may not matter at all to someone just trying to sort their collection for sale, though of course anyone trying to build a full playset with the spreadsheet would probably want to know. Other than that, I didn't spot anything wrong. Thanks again for sharing.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

dakerjohn wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:15 pm
thorondor wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:03 pm in the attachment you can find an excel file with all cards in all languages with lot of information like rarity. Its sortable, which might be helpful. There are some mistakes, but not with English cards afaik.
That's a great resource—thanks for sharing!

I didn't scour it with a fine-tooth comb, but at a glance the only "mistakes" I noticed had to do with errata not reflected in the sheet. For example, A Strident Spawn is in the spreadsheet as a maximum 3 copies (non-unique) card, which is how it was printed originally, but it was later errata'd to be Unique. Ditto with Great Lord of Goblin-gate. One might not even count those as mistakes, and they may not matter at all to someone just trying to sort their collection for sale, though of course anyone trying to build a full playset with the spreadsheet would probably want to know. Other than that, I didn't spot anything wrong. Thanks again for sharing.
I just realized that i have posted the wrong list. I mean, there is nothing wrong with it, it´s a good one, even no mistakes ;-) but i had another one in mind.
Now, I will attach it here. And in this list there are a few mistakes, I promise! (not in the english part, but in some of the other languages)
Attachments
MECCG Cardlist all languages.xls
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 85 times

Return to “The Marketplace”