challenge decks

Post your decks, discuss strategy, ask for tips, etc.
Theskyscreams

Thanks for these results.
I just learned the game and have all the challenge decks.

When playing with my wife we found that these are not as balanced as they seem. I wasn't too sure though being new and all with the rules.

Example when I play radagast I seem to always win. His deck is very strong and so is his ability. It is pure card advantage.

Deck A is just weak. The party you start with (hobbits) are just ready to lose a fight if you do not draw a lot of cancellations.

The corruption strategy in deck B is also weak to me.
Theskyscreams

Any suggestions on how to add or remove some cards to make these decks a little more consistent?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Winning with the Gandalf deck is indeed a challenge, hence the name :-)

Kidding aside, the challenge decks (DC's) are official ICE decks, meant for introducing new players to the game, hence nobody has really seen the need to improve them. If you feel they are unbalanced, seems to me you are ready for the next step and play a constructed deck...

But, for people with a very limited collection, it could be a nice idea to take CD's as a start to make something better.

nb. there are people who have done quite well with the Alatar or Radagast CD in a normal tournament.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Theskyscreams

Yes I am itching to build my own deck.
I'm not sure which way to go but I am thinking something with just a lot of MP gathering with warriors.

I also just got a huge box of 4000+ cards off ebay.

Return to “Decks, Strategy, Tips, Ideas”