Hero Radagast

Post your decks, discuss strategy, ask for tips, etc.
Chizakura

I'd like some advice or suggestions regarding this deck. I doubt it would hold up against a serious tournament deck and I know it's a pretty fat deck, but I'm hoping that Radagast running through wilderness and Revealed to All Watchers will help with burning through the deck. It may also be a bit vulnerable to corruption, but fellowship should help with that and my friends rarely use corruption.

It's basically a mix of an Indy Jones type deck with characters buffed out via fellowship and pinned Stars of High Hope. Once I get a copy of Aiglos, I'm hoping to incorporate it into the deck along with the Dragon-helm and make a run through the Under-deeps (which is also the reason for all the SoHH, Fellowships, and Ent-draughts).

The hazards are meant to flush my opponent from shadow/dark holds (by playing undead cards early) to border and free holds into the waiting arms of my agents and ambushers (in my last three matches I've managed to kill the wizard each time).

I need any and all help with constructing a practical sideboard. I suck at using it effectively or even assembling one. Thanks, in advance, for any and all help.

Starting:
Glorfindel II
Elladan w/ Cram
Beretar or Faramir (I would prefer Elrohir here, but I don't have him)
Annalena w/ Dagger of Westernesse

In deck:
Radagast x2
Pallando x1
(would like Celeborn here if I had him)
Cirdan
Thranduil
Gildor Inglorion

Resources

Allies:
Goldberry
Gwaihir
Quickbeam

Events:
Concealment
Concealment
Concealment
Echo of all Joy
Echo of all Joy
Echo of all Joy
Fellowship
Fellowship
Fellowship
Forewarned is Forearmed
Forewarned is Forearmed
Marvels Told
Reforging
Reforging
Rescue Prisoners
Smoke Rings
Star of High Hope
Star of High Hope
Star of High Hope
The Windlord Found Me
Thorough Search
Thorough Search
Thorough Search

Factions:
Ents of Fangorn
Iron Hill Dwarves
Wood-elves

Items:
Andúril, the Flame of the West
Glamdring
Emerald of the Mariner
Ent-draughts
Ent-draughts
Narsil
Orcrist

Hazards:
Anarin
(Baduila if I had him)
Eun
Nimloth
Raisha
The Grimburgoth
Ambusher
Ambusher
Ambusher
Barrow-wight
Barrow-wight
Ghouls
Ghouls
Ghouls
Wisp of Pale Sheen
Wisp of Pale Sheen
(Mouth of Sauron if I had him)

Cunning Foes
Cunning Foes
Cunning Foes
Inner Cunning
Inner Cunning
Inner Cunning
Lure of Power
The Moon is Dead
The Moon is Dead
The Moon is Dead
Never Seen Him
Never Seen Him
Never Seen Him
Rank upon Rank
Rank upon Rank
Revealed to All Watchers
Sudden Fury
Sudden Fury
Sudden Fury
Twilight
Twilight

Sideboard
Twilight
Pierced by Many Wounds
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

If you're already trying for Narsil, Under-deeps may be a little bit out of your way; there aren't many if any info sites that let you drop down as hero.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Chizakura

Ahh, ok. Though if I can get a hold of Aiglos, I may take out Narsil and Anduril, altogether, and just go with it and a Dragon-helm. I just like the idea of running through the Under-deeps to see how I hold up (and, at least, the first time I play it, I'm hoping to catch my friends off guard). I only have a small group of friends I play with (and rarely at that) so I have a good idea of what they have (one has an undead deck, a Gondor deck, and a Saruman FW squatting-ish deck while his son plays a dragon heavy deck and a road block deck and he tends to favor Hobbit companies and our other friend tends to play a Gondor-ish deck). Thanks Bandobras.
Mordan

about the hazards.. what if he only goes to ruins and lairs?

sure depends on the meta game
Chizakura

Well, a lot of the hazard portion requires the player to be able to quickly assess what your opponent's strategy is and where he'll be going to acquire mp's then filling the hole(s) in the regions you can cover by sending your agents there (and, for me, this works b/c I have such a small group of friends I play with that I have a good idea of what their objectives are; I can see this being a huge hole in a tournament where you are facing complete strangers). It's also why I have ambushers in the deck (and since tweaked them with Sellswords and Assassins - which should be on their way from a seller). Even with just agents, ambushers, and undead, there really shouldn't be a location I can't cover b/c you have to pass through other regions to get to ruins and lairs. I suppose you could add Choking Shadows to the sideboard just to be safe.

Return to “Decks, Strategy, Tips, Ideas”