Indiana Jones deck

Post your decks, discuss strategy, ask for tips, etc.
Theskyscreams

Good morning

I read online there is a deck type called an indiana Jones strategy. What is this? I'm guessing you get a lot of items and build mp fast.

Any ideas on a list?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Indy decks were popular and successful in the beginning years of the game. It involves grabbing the loot and quickly calling. Typically big MP items and Lucky Searches, at Carn-dum/Mt. Gundabad.

For two-deck games (i.e. exhausting at least once), the standard now in tournaments, they are less popular, as people manage to deal with them (corruption) or simply prefer other successful (read less risky) decks. But, part of the popularity was also the fun factor (big famous prowess guys wielding weapons), so there's that.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Kjeld

Is there a viable minion version of this strategy? Because big trolls wielding big, pointy weapons is also quite fun :D
Theskyscreams

Thanks. I only play casually with the wife right now so old decks like this do interest me.
Lake Town Geezer

You are a really lucky guy .. A wife who likes MECCG!
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Lake Town Geezer wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:23 pm You are a really lucky guy .. A wife who likes MECCG!
+1 !
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

In my case it was my wife (gilfriend back then), who introduced me to MECCG. She is no longer playing, but i am forever grateful (and i can always blame her for my obession ;-)
dirhaval

I read in the METW Companion is to visit one of those dwarf-holds in the north for 4 MP item, Thorough Search for another (before erratum), and Rescue Prisoners (3 MP before erratum to 2 MP) for 11 MP in one turn when using only Dark Quarrels to cancel the automatic-attack (but I think at that time you could not cancel automatic-attacks like that). But I think the deck ran out of favor for minion decks that can actually play a Whip item.
I need to make a deck on a minion with Helm of Madness and a Whip raiding Free-holds in Gondor.
Indiana Orc and the Temple of SwanGloom, and the Last Pelargir Ship Parade, and the Raiders of the Rohan Brewery.
CDavis7M

there was some discussion on this recently here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4182&p=35354&hilit=indiana#p35354

Also, I believe that you could always play an attack canceler to cancel an automatic attack. Interesting, I think it was actually the attack by Rescue Prisoners that was more limited. As the attack occurs in a chain of effects, you could NOT declare resources to target an attack before it was created (but you can now a days, and 20 years ago), but you could target the 2 strikes (using Risky Blow, etc) since they they are dice rolls and dice rolls may always be targeted in the same chain of effects. This is how it is described in the METW Companion.

Return to “Decks, Strategy, Tips, Ideas”