Tips - How to Simply Walk into Mordor?

Post your decks, discuss strategy, ask for tips, etc.
CDavis7M

Are there restrictions on moving into Mordor? I can't find any information on the CoE site about mordor movement restrictions. But I did find:
Council of Lórien Tournament Policy Number 3 at http://www.meccg.net/netherlands/meccg/rules/council.html wrote:Movement to Gorgoroth-Wizard players may only move to or from sites in Gorgoroth by using specific region movement from a site Imlad Morgul, specific region movement that passes through Nurn or Udûn, Under-deeps movement or using special movement resources like Gwahir or Mountains of Shadow.
Do people usually play that way?

And, with this rule, you could not travel from Lorien directly to Mount doom using starter movement? And, you could not use region movement to travel from Minas Tirith to Barad-Dur using region movement (Anorien, Ithilien, Imlad Morgul, Gorgoroth)? Instead, you could move from Lorien (starter movement) to Cirith Ungol or Shelob's Lair (Imland Morgul) and then move to Barad-Dur, Mount Doom, etc, the following turn.

And then there is Mountains of Shadow, Ash Mountains, and Morannon for entering Mordor.
Mountains of Shadow wrote:Playable at the end of the organization phase on a company containing a ranger. If the company uses region cards for its site path, tap the ranger to move as if the following pairs of regions were adjacent: Ithilien and Gorgoroth, Ithilien and Nurn, Harondor and Nurn. The company faces an attack at the beginning of its movement/hazard phase: Orcs-4 strikes with 9 prowess.
Otherwise, if the site moved to is in one of the regions listed above, the hazard limit is reduced by two (to a minimum of two).
Cannot be duplicated on a given company.
Ash Mountains wrote:Playable at the end of the organization phase on a company containing a ranger. If the company uses region cards for its site path, tap the ranger to move as if the following pairs of regions were adjacennt: Dagorlad and Gorgoroth, Horse Plains and Gorgoroth. The company faces an attack at the beginning of its movement/hazard phase: Orcs - 4 strikes with 8 prowess.
Otherwise, if the site moved to is in one of the regions listed above, the hazard limit is reduced by 2 (to a minimum of 2).
Cannot be duplicated on a given company.
Morannon wrote:Playable at the end of the organization phase on a company that has a size of less than three, contains a scout, and begins the turn at a site in Dagorlad. This card is used as a Dark-hold [-me_dh-] site card [errata: in the region of Udun] that is moved to using the site path: [-me_sl-] [-me_dd-] (the moving player draws 2 cards and his opponent draws 5 cards). The company can later leave this site using region cards or by using the following site path to move to Lórien: [-me_dd-] [-me_dd-] [-me_sl-] [-me_wi-] [-me_fd-] [-me_bl-] [-me_wi-].
Discard Morannon when the company successfully plays a new site card.
It seems like there is no reason to use Morannon instead of using Ash Mountains instead? Morannon would take an additional turn. Although Morannon doesn't create an Orc attack.

It almost seems like these cardnames should be swapped, or combined or something. Like, Morannon should create an Orc attack for one company to moves to Udun, using Morannon as the site, and then another company can move via Mountains of Shadow.

What is the best way to use (or not) these cards?
Moriquendi

Pretty much all dunk decks I've played against go around the back stopping at Easterling Camp (Border Hold).

I think there was a restriction on using starter movement from Lorien, but can't find it referenced anywhere specifically either.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

You can’t use starter movement to go to Mt. Doom. Off the top of my head, I believe it’s part of the Tournament conventions/rules that most people play by.

Sorry for the quick reply, will try to post more later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Decks, Strategy, Tips, Ideas”