How to use the wiki

The place where JCP projects are planned, edited, etc.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

The wiki is located here: www.councilofelrond.org/wiki

This is the plan that Mikko, Manuel, and I hatched to work with it. Let me know if you think any changes/additions should be made in it.

Stage 1:

The plan is to update the CRF Rulings by Card Title and by Term first. To do this, we will work through the digests. Feel free to work through the digests in whatever order you like. When you decide to work on a ruling, follow this recipe:

(1) Read the ruling very carefully.

(2) Decide whether the ruling is ready to be incorporated into the new CRF. The main reasons to doubt this are:

(a) The ruling is simply wrong.
(b) The ruling conflicts with another ruling.
(c) The ruling is unnecessary (i.e., the question was stupid and could be easily answered with existing rules/rulings).
(d) The ruling is poorly worded.

(3) If the ruling is ready to be incorporated into the new CRF, put a tag on it: [OK, YOUR NAME]. For example, if I come across a ruling on Paths of the Dead that says you can use it to play the Army even if you don't use special movement, I will tag it [OK, MARK].

(4) If the ruling is not ready to be incorporated for any reason, decide which reason, and then tag it. The main tags will be [WRONG, YOUR NAME], [CONFLICT, YOUR NAME], [UNNECESSARY, YOUR NAME], [WORDING, YOUR NAME]. If you tag the ruling in this way, open a new thread in the NetRep forum about the problem. Include the tag [UNIVERSAL] in your post at the NetRep forum.

(5) Every ruling must be read at least twice: once by Mark or Mikko, and once by someone else.

(6) If a ruling is tagged [OK] twice, then the last person to tag it copies it to the new CRF. In the new CRF, he tags it again with three tags: his name, the name of the other person to tag it, and its digest number. For example, [MARK] [MANUEL] [DIGEST 102].

(7) Once an unsatisfactory ruling (see (3)) is dealt with by the NetRep team, edit both the digest and the new CRF. In the digest, change the tag to [NETREP]. In the new CRF, add the ruling (if the NetRep team decides to) and tag it [NETREP]. If the NetRep team decides to discard the ruling, nothing happens to the new CRF.

(8) Once all rulings in the digestsare tagged either [OK] or [NETREP], we will be done with the old CRF. Then we'll figure out what to do next.
http://www.alfanos.org
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

One further thing:

If you think a ruling is WRONG, please indicate which part of it is wrong by putting that part in BOLD.

If you make a minor edit to a ruling (as I did in Digest 2, indicating that CVCC had to be the last thing in the site phase), put your edit in ITALICS.
miguel
Ex NetRep

zarathustra wrote:(4) If the ruling is not ready to be incorporated for any reason, decide which reason, and then tag it. The main tags will be [WRONG, YOUR NAME], [CONFLICT, YOUR NAME], [UNNECESSARY, YOUR NAME], [WORDING, YOUR NAME]. If you tag the ruling in this way, open a new thread in the NetRep forum about the problem. Include the tag [UNIVERSAL] in your post at the NetRep forum.
I think most of the rulings need to be reworded somehow to be added to the CRF. They are answers to direct questions, after all. I just mark [OK, MY NAME] for all rulings which I think deserve to be in the CRF.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Yeah, you're right. Let's forget about the [WORDING] tag.
Manuel
Council Chairman

I just started to work on CoE 16 this morning. I believe I did it all fine, but before continuing with the next, some revision of my work by others would be helpful, just to check that I'm doing it all the right way.
miguel
Ex NetRep

Ok I just went through digests #16 and #17 that Manuel had checked (good work btw) and added the few necessary bits to the new CRF. But Manuel you might wanna start from digest #1 next. :wink:

As a sidenote, I didn't see any point in correcting the ruling in digest #17 about Fled into Darkness as an on-guard card. Instead I just wrote [NETREP] with the digest number where that ruling is overridden. I think that's enough.

Return to “Rules and Rulings - JCP Discussion”