announcements date format

Reports & requests which have been resolved are archived here.
kober

I'm glad to see the forum back - thanks for all the work on this.

Alas, the date format used for the announcements on the website, i.e. MM/DD/YY, is US-specific and rather confusing to all the people that don't live in the center of the universe. Would it be possible to stick to an international standard (e.g. ISO 8601) from now on?

Also, any news on www.meccg.net/dforum/ ?
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

kober wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 7:54 pm I'm glad to see the forum back - thanks for all the work on this.

Alas, the date format used for the announcements on the website, i.e. MM/DD/YY, is US-specific and rather confusing to all the people that don't live in the center of the universe. Would it be possible to stick to an international standard (e.g. ISO 8601) from now on?

Also, any news on www.meccg.net/dforum/ ?
You're welcome! Thanks for your thanks! =D

I appreciate the suggestion. I have changed the date format on the Announcements section of the home page.

As for meccg.net/forum, unfortunately I don't have any direct knowledge of this website as it's not a part of the Council of Elrond. I do believe it is hosted by the same guy who previously hosted our CoE website, so my guess is that its outage is related to his server being hacked. If I hear something I will let you know.

I am marking this request as complete and moving it to the Resolved Reports / Requests forum.

Return to “Resolved Reports / Requests”