Revolution board style

Please use this forum for any comments which are not requesting action to be taken.
kober

How do I disable that "Revolution" style? Not only it's ugly (IMHO), but it scales the frame of the board down to half of the screen. I want my old "vanilla" board back! 8)
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Thanks for your feedback. We are currently trying out a few different board styles. I don't believe they are individually customizable, but I will double check on that. We may go back to the vanilla style in the future if that seems to be the desire of the community.

In the meantime, you will be happy to hear that Tapatalk is back now (as mentioned in the other forum threads).
DM_Eonwe

The new style is definitely worse than the one before.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

I agree that the absolution style looks quite ugly. The revolution style was not so bad imo.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I agree about the "Absolution" board style.... not my favorite.

I have reset the board to the "Revolution" style for now and will leave it and the default (old/original) board styles up for consideration.

I will also be perusing through additional options which I may try out when I have time.
DM_Eonwe

Maybe we also can find some people to make some thematic adaption to the theme? Nice Tolkien-style font for the headers?
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

DM_Eonwe wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:00 am Maybe we also can find some people to make some thematic adaption to the theme? Nice Tolkien-style font for the headers?
That would be quite a project I think... but if someone had the technical knowledge and desire to create this and it was a sound and supported piece of software, it would be most welcome!
kober wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:07 pm How do I disable that "Revolution" style? Not only it's ugly (IMHO), but it scales the frame of the board down to half of the screen. I want my old "vanilla" board back! 8)
Shapeshifter wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:21 pm I agree that the absolution style looks quite ugly. The revolution style was not so bad imo.
DM_Eonwe wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:41 am The new style is definitely worse than the one before.
Update: I have found a way to change the Admin board settings to allow each registered user to choose which theme he/she wants to view. To select your theme, go to:
- User Control Panel
- Board Preferences
- My Board Style
and you will see the options which are currently installed: prosilver (the original), proflat, Revolution, and Absolution.

I will try to have additional styles installed in the future when I have time to look over them.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I no longer have the option to choose theme; I have reverted to whichever one has the gray background and only lets the forum appear on about half the screen.

In addition, all quoted text is so overridden with quote marks that I can't read the text.

Is this something wrong with my computer or with the forums?
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Bandobras Took wrote:I no longer have the option to choose theme; I have reverted to whichever one has the gray background and only lets the forum appear on about half the screen.

In addition, all quoted text is so overridden with quote marks that I can't read the text.

Is this something wrong with my computer or with the forums?
My co-Webmaster and I both previously liked this style, so we were briefly using it quite some time ago. Then I heard some complaints from forum members, so I changed it back to the default style and set up options for users to choose the alternative styles if they liked them.

My co-Webmaster noticed the default style when he was making an update to the board and thought it was a mistake, so he changed it back.

It is my fault for not communicating properly to him when I originally reset the board to the default style.

I am at work right now, but I will reset the board later and let him know, so he doesn’t change it back again.

I will also try to figure out why it is not letting each member choose their style preference.

Thanks for the feedback.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

I have reset the board back to the default "prosilver" version for everyone.

Users should again be able to select one of the other styles in their Control Panel/Board Preferences if they would like to try out a different look.

Thanks

Return to “General Feedback”