DC First Folk pre-release tournament

Events taking place on online platforms
shadow and flame

donepi vs. balrog will be played on tuesday around 21.00.
You take my life
but i`ll take yours too...
Smaug

Jose - Heiner 0-6, Jose had a very bad start and never revovered from that.

@Eric: I wonder why I have 11 points, after 3 rounds, that means the game with ben was counted as draw even he dropped? (did not you told mw you count it as bye)
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Don't byes get 3 TP by default?
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Jose-san
Ex Council Member

IIRC, a bye is worth 6 TP on the first round and then 1 less TP per round. So on 3rd round should be 4 TP.
Smaug

Just to clarify. Normally a drop is no by (i told eric) I would get according to official tournament rules max. points my deck could score (6-0 or 7-0 dunk deck). Nevertheless I agree with Eric to get 4 points telling him this is a fun tournament and not a wc tournament.

Cheers

Heiner
kufel

Rafal vs. Bernd today 22:00 (probably! :) )
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Hmm, I admit I've not read the rules in detail (shame on the tourney leader), but a drop is not the same as a forfeit, imo.
A forfeit occurs when the game has already begun.
Seems to me that awarding a drop (or bye) the same amount of TP's as a forfeit would unjustly disturb the course of the tournament.

The difficulty here is that the drop was announced after the pairing, in which case one could consider the game begun. But in this gccg tourney there might be as much as 1 week between pairing and playing, so anything can happen in between. Therefore I do not consider this a forfeit. Ben made it clear he did not drop because of a bathroom emergency.

btw. Eric vs. Makinal today at 19.30 CET
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Smaug

Hi Eric,

I think you are right with the special conditions under which GCCG online tournaments are held. That is why I am fine with 4 bye points. No problem with that as already said :roll: .

Nevertheless in normal and not "test" tournaments it is my opinion the opponent of the dropper should get maximum points because otherwise he is potentially punished by the drop of the opponent.
Imagine a GCCG online WC decided by the fact that the opponent of the tournament leader in the last round drops and the leader therefore gets passed by one or even more opponents that win there last round with max. points!
This would be more than unfair because the leader has no chance to protect his lead and without any "guilt" on his side. I think exactly to avoid this situation the maximal point rules was defined.
So even it looks on a first glance like a reward to give him max. points without playing, the alternative of not giving max. points it is an unfair punishment.

I think we need to specify the exsisting rule for online tournaments due to the much longer timeframe of 1 round. Proposal:
"If the drop is announced for serious reasons and before any game relevant for tournament victory is played the pairings are repaired, otherwise the opponent gets max. points his deck could score according to the normal tournament rules).

Anyway it is tricky because becoming tournament winner with the "help" of a drop in the last round has as well a bad taste.
May be therefore an addition may be senseful:
"If the drop happens in the last tournament round a new pairing is be done for the round in any case if the dropping has potentially impact on the tournament victory"
Even this is of course very tricky and has its drawbacks as well, imagine a player already playing and winning his game and loosing the reparing match :-(.
It seems to me very hard a 100% ruling that is fair for anybody in any constellation.

May be therefore a second ruling addition: " The final decision about the points given to droppers opponent and/or doing a repairing for the round has the tournament organisator under consideration of the defined rulings."

I would like to get the opinion on such a addition/clarifcation for online tournaments. I think there is some need for it.

Cheers

Heiner
donepi

Donepi - balrog finished 7-0

I had the best inicial hand i had in the tourney, and in 2 turns i had everything necessary to finish the game with no problem. My hazards also worked fine against mario, and he rolled down with dices a couple of times, so their chars got hurt.

PD: First time i see a black crow hurting a char O.o
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Adanedhel vs. Makinal: 4-2 (36-28)

Galadriel showed Elrond once more who's King! of course, she's couple thousand years older...
we kinda balanced each other out in snatching resources up just before the other could play them, but in the end my Echoes of the Song proved essential in lowering Elrond's sp's, so Galadriel could be King, and do some mean Tower Raiding, though with big pain, as the Goblins at Goblin Gate were fierce.

@Heiner. I'll get back to that later :-)
but yes you are right, dropping should ideally take place before pairing, and some basic rule for gccg tourney's would be useful
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
kufel

Rafal vs. Bernd 6:0
Epic battle for Underdeeps of the Blue Mountains!
btw. Bernd was my first non Thranduil-burning-Dol-Guldur opponent :D
Nknma
Ex Council Member

donepi wrote:Donepi - balrog finished 7-0

I had the best inicial hand i had in the tourney, and in 2 turns i had everything necessary to finish the game with no problem. My hazards also worked fine against mario, and he rolled down with dices a couple of times, so their chars got hurt.

Which turn you "dunked"?
donepi

Nknma wrote:
donepi wrote:Donepi - balrog finished 7-0

Which turn you "dunked"?
Well, i wasnt in a rush, so i played until i drew the cards enough to maximice my chances, and it was about 9-11 turns, i guess.
shadow and flame

Donepi wrote:
Well, i wasnt in a rush, so i played until i drew the cards enough to maximice my chances, and it was about 9-11 turns, i guess.

And - shame on my hazard deck - i had no possibility to stop that :shock:

But in any case a nice game :-)
You take my life
but i`ll take yours too...
Makinal

is it over? who won? which matches are left?

Return to “Online Tournaments”