DC First Folk pre-release tournament

Events taking place on online platforms
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Makinal vs Vastor Wednesday 22.30 Germany (17.30 south America)
shadow and flame

Beornd and balrog will meet up on Thursday around 20.00!
You take my life
but i`ll take yours too...
Jose-san
Ex Council Member

Kufel and me will play on Monday night.
zirilan

1st round

Image Nico vs. Luis (05. Sep. 22:30 Uhr) :D
Image Heiner vs. Franck (07. Sep. 22:00 Uhr)
Image Bert vs. Eric (07. Sep. 16:00 Uhr)
Image Fernando vs. Tomi
Image Karsten vs. Ben (05. Sep. 22:00 Uhr)
Image Mario vs. Bernd (06. Sep. 20:00 Uhr) :D
Image José vs. Rafal (10. Sep. ??:?? Uhr)
Last edited by zirilan on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I beat Karsten 7-0 (not considering the amount of DC cards in the deck); Thrain is the King of Seven Houses, and soon all of Middle Earth!

To avoid spoiling his deck, I'll just say that the dice and draw were uncommonly kind to me.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Bandobras Took wrote:I beat Karsten 7-0 (not considering the amount of DC cards in the deck); Thrain is the King of Seven Houses, and soon all of Middle Earth!

To avoid spoiling his deck, I'll just say that the dice and draw were uncommonly kind to me.
Well you killed two Nazgûl before the final roll for the 7 TP. Not too bad :wink:

It was really an epic game, writing a new story in Middle-earth. But we won't tell too much here. Dwarves vs. Elves. Both had pretty cool decks, worthy for a First Folk Prerelease tournament :D .

I had 50% dream cards in play deck, so final result is 7-1 I guess? Btw, who checks for the DC amount in deck? I think we trust each other, right?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I didn't check, but all my characters and hazards are dc, and more than a few of my resources are, so does that mean 50% for me, as well?
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Bandobras Took wrote:I didn't check, but all my characters and hazards are dc, and more than a few of my resources are, so does that mean 50% for me, as well?
players with 50% dc cards (40% for minions) in play deck will get an extra TP per game, win or lose!
If all your hazards and characters in play deck were dc then it is 50% I would say: 8-1
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Adanedhel vs. Ringbearer: Friday at 16,00 CET

btw. you get extra 1 TP if your play deck contains 50% instead of 25% dc cards, meaning 50% resources and 50% hazards (for hero, and rest of deck still stays 25%). This to avoid awarding dump and runners like Bandobras with more TP's, the object is to test cards, not to drop them :wink:
still, good effort and congrats, does this 1 game already break your total TP record ever? :)

I'll find someone to send the decklists to who can check the dc %. Waiting till after tourney might yield surprising results...
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Makinal vs Vastor

Elves vs Dwarves once more, after a tight last round it was 34:35 , so 2:4, I believe neither of use makes the 50% from what I saw, but maybe someone not playing can check the lists

We do not want to cheat Ben of any of his TPs ;)

in our game both players took a 6-7 point lead, managing to corrupt some greedy elf carrying to much naked steel made the difference, otherwise I would have lost

stay tuned for the video taken by Alex / Zirilian, thanks for that

mfg Nicolai
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I'm afraid I only used 9 DC resources straight up in my play deck, but I defy anybody to call either my resource or my hazard portion "dump & run." :)
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I was of course only going by couple of past experiences in which your hazards seemed a mere obstacle to carrying out the resource strategy. Which in the case of One Ring is logical of course.

Yes it is difficult for some strategies (like One Ring) to get to 50% dc resources with only DCFF cards. But perhaps that is a justified balance then, as some have suggested One Ring for Lords (or even in general DC) is not too tricky, easier than for FW at least. That's what we'd like to find out, so I sincerely hope you get to 28 TP's this time, then we can be sure, and you'll probably won't miss those 4 TP's. :D
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Hi all,

please send your deck lists to MuadDib - Pawel to let him decide on the DC %

you should send your deck and alternative deck as well

these have to be registered with /rd and the other with /rd2 on GCCG before your 1st game

pavlaq(at)o2.pl

yours Nicolai
marcos
Council Member

to the winner of the event, i will be giving out as prize the first complete VC2 set on gccg. Something really worthy for a collector 8)

Do your best, people!
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:I was of course only going by couple of past experiences in which your hazards seemed a mere obstacle to carrying out the resource strategy. Which in the case of One Ring is logical of course.

Yes it is difficult for some strategies (like One Ring) to get to 50% dc resources with only DCFF cards. But perhaps that is a justified balance then, as some have suggested One Ring for Lords (or even in general DC) is not too tricky, easier than for FW at least. That's what we'd like to find out, so I sincerely hope you get to 28 TP's this time, then we can be sure, and you'll probably won't miss those 4 TP's. :D
Actually, the number of DC hazards required from the first two sets only is a great bonus for a Dwarf-Dunk, since very few if any hazard manifestations of avatars will be making the rounds. :)

Return to “Online Tournaments”