Anyone want to meet at a convention and play MECCG?

All events or gatherings other than GCCG, Lure, & Worlds.
Red Arrow

Any one want to meet up at convention in California? There's Dundracon to the north and there's Orccon to the south on president's day 2013. Anyone going to these conventions who would at least like to play a round or two of meccg? Not everyone can or goes to Gencon but these are close enough to drive to.

The Hobbit film is just around the corner and I feel like an elf hearing the "call of the sea" or someone corrupted by "dragon sickness" or a ring bearer resisting the "lure of the ring." I got to play this game again, lol. I'm not even remotely good at this game but its just fun to make your own fellowship and marshall the free peoples of middle earth.

I learned this game doing solitaire,its my first ccg. If you haven't mastered it don't let that scare you from showing up at a group event. I even organized and helped organize some tournaments in Orccon around 2002-2003. we'll help each other figure the game out. if not we can just look at the nice artwork.

If you're even just slightly interested please speak up. It would be nice to know how many players and enthusiasts are still interested. If you dont have cards just show up. we'll lend you a challenge deck.
Red Arrow

I've started a similar thread over by General group so please follow that thread instead of this one or the powers that be may close or delete this thread.

(I've been cross posting at BGG and the meccg(dot)net forums as well. so far i've received 2 PMs from ppl in the bay area and sacramento who are interested. i got one reply post saying conquest sac on april 5-7 2013. that sounds really good to me, gives enough time to plan and announce info. If you go to conventions in the Sanfran, Sac and San Jose area and you think you can join us please add your post.

I'm thinking of challenge decks that will be distributed randomly instead of starters and a bunch of boosters. no need to buy the cards you will just give back the cards after the event and it will be come a playset i can bring to events in the future. we did this before at Orccon but we used starters instead of challenge decks.

maybe some of you from Oregon and Washington or even Nevada would be interested to come down as well ppl from Socal to drive up as well. Wishful thinking maybe but who knows?

I would like to show up for strategicon in socal too. but i haven't heard from anyone yet. So for now conquestsac is something i can look forward to and work on. and it doesn't conflict with strategicon conventions. sweet!)

Return to “Everything Else”