Euros 2014 - Tournament Reports

All events or gatherings other than GCCG, Lure, & Worlds.
Alter Tuk
Ex Council Member

In this case Domse and me (unsurely) decided that it didnt count.

In the whole tournement there were several rules issues and I admit I couldnt answer a single one for sure. After discussiuon with more or less rules wise players (Pawel, Bernd, Domse etc.) I just made a decision so players could play on. We had no wi-fi so that was the only option. Funny thing: On every question I got always both possible answers and then went with the majority or with my intuition.

Another one was: When Gandalf (Perm. hazard event) is removed, does the hazard limit sink by one in this movement phase? (I dont even remember how I decided on that...)
[url=http://gccg.sourceforge.net/]Come to GCCG or die a lonely death.[/url]
marcos
Council Member

CoE weekly Rulings/Clarifications 11 wrote:Q: Shadow of Mordor's out; its effect has been applied. What if it's Twilighted, Mouthed, and re-played? Will it: (a) lose
its effect as soon as it leaves play, and resume its effect when it returns?
(b) not lose its effect when it leaves play, and have a cumulative effect when it returns?
(c) not lose its effect when it leaves play, and not have a cumulative effect when it returns?
*** (b) is correct. The player drawing more than one card is the condition and the increase in hazard limit as a
result is the action. The action has already been applied and will not go away.
When SOM comes back into play, the effects are reapplied. This is a parallel ruling to the Gandalf the White
Rider ruling that allows its effect to be applied immediately.
I don't think the HL would sink
Sfan
Ex Council Member

I just want to give a short review about my part of the finals.
First of all I must say that my deck (Mordor Shuffle paired with Roadblock) went pretty well that Saturday. It is a really great deck designed by Bernd. Reflecting all games during last week I say that I even missed some of its potential. Brilliant deck, but I was given the hint that playing it will effect my opponent with NPE (negative play experience). The point is valid but a tournament is a tournament. I guess you will suffer NPE too if you face the Red Hill Hog or Fallen Cheezegast. Never mind.
So I made it t the finas without being prepared for it. It was my first time reaching the final four.
Since Bernd, Patric and Heiner all knew my deck and I had no chance to change it I tried my best on Sunday and managed 5 points in the finals: Game 1 against Bernd was beyond all hope for me but at least I managed a 1:5. Game 2 against Patric was pretty close (see his report) ended with 2 points in advance for him 2:4. Game 3 against the at that time almost new European Champion I fought hard and was the only one in the finals who scored 2 points against Heiner. We both knew our decks and Heiner was prepared for my Roadblock which I never kept in hand during the whole game. ;o)

Big thanks to Bernd and his brother for fabulous location. It is a perfect place for our loved game.
Thanks to all involved in the organization esp. Martin of the event and Wolfgang for the price support.
Last but not least I want to thank Markus for borrowing Sauran and Cave Troll to me. Unfortunalely I could use Sauron only in two games.

Enjoy the game and HAVE FUN,
Stefan
Sfan
Ex Council Member

First of all I must say that my deck (Mordor Shuffle paired with Roadblock) went pretty well that Saturday. It is a really great deck designed by Bernd. Reflecting all games during last week I say that I even missed some of its potential. Brilliant deck, but I was given the hint that playing it will effect my opponent with NPE (negative play experience). The point is valid but a tournament is a tournament. I guess you will suffer NPE too if you face the Red Hill Hog or Fallen Cheezegast. Never mind.
So I made it t the finas without being prepared for it. It was my first time reaching the final four.
Since Bernd, Patric and Heiner all knew my deck and I had no chance to change it I tried my best on Sunday and managed 5 points in the finals: Game 1 against Bernd was beyond all hope for me but at least I managed a 1:5. Game 2 against Patric was pretty close (see his report) ended with 2 points in advance for him 2:4. Game 3 against the at that time almost new European Champion I fought hard and was the only one in the finals who scored 2 points against Heiner. We both knew our decks and Heiner was prepared for my Roadblock which I never kept in hand during the whole game. ;o)

Big thanks to Bernd and his brother for fabulous location. It is a perfect place for our loved game.
Thanks to all involved in the organization esp. Martin of the event and Wolfgang for the price support.
Last but not least I want to thank Markus for borrowing Sauran and Cave Troll to me. Unfortunalely I could use Sauron only in two games.

Stefan
Sfan
Ex Council Member

Stefan
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

Does anybody has the tournament points and rankings of all players of the semifinals? I would be interested as I can't remember my ranking :wink: Everything was so close together concerning TPs.
Alter Tuk
Ex Council Member

Unfortunately not.
[url=http://gccg.sourceforge.net/]Come to GCCG or die a lonely death.[/url]

Return to “Everything Else”