Nordic Cup II: 4th-5th of August 2007 in Finland

All events or gatherings other than GCCG, Lure, & Worlds.
miguel
Ex NetRep

The event will be held on Saturday and Sunday, 4th-5th of August 2007. The tournaments will be held in Turku, Finland. We are using the same venues as we did for Worlds 2005, a conference room called Turku-sali (street address Rehtoripellonkatu 4) at the University of Turku and a nearby pub for the Drinking Game.

On Saturday we will have the main event, a Constructed 2-deck General Opponent Ringbearer* tournament, and in the evening a Sealed Finnish MeTW only Drinking Game. On Sunday we will have a Constructed 1-deck Hero only Doors of Night tournament.
* wrote:At this year's Nordic Cup we will be introducing a new exciting tournament type for MeCCG called Ringbearer. It is just like a normal tournament with normal prize distribution, but it also has an extra prize. This extra prize might go to the tournament winner or it might not.
  • - At the start of the tournament, one player is randomly selected to be the Ringbearer.
    - If the Ringbearer loses a game, the winner becomes the new Ringbearer (nothing happens in case of a draw).
    - The player who is the Ringbearer after the last round, wins the extra prize.
    - If the Ringbearer drops out of the tournament, he forfeits the prize.
In this event the extra prize is a black titanium one ring with a nice silver chain, together valued at over 100 EUR! :D
Schedule:
  • Saturday:
    10:00 Sign up for Ringbearer (Constructed 2-deck General Opponent)
    10:20 Round 1
    12:00 Round 2
    13:40 Lunch
    14:40 Round 3
    16:20 Round 4
    18:00 Round 5
    19:40 Dinner
    20:40 Sign up for Drinking Game (Sealed Finnish MeTW only)
    21:00 Deckbuilding
    21:30 Round 1
    22:50 Round 2
    00:10 Round 3
    01:30 End

Sunday:
    11:00 Sign up for Doors of Night (Constructed 1-deck Hero only)
    11:20 Round 1
    12:30 Round 2
    13:40 Lunch
    14:40 Round 3
    15:50 Round 4
    17:00 Round 5
    18:10 End
Rules-clarifications:
(a) Sealed: 25/25 card minimum deck size; minimum 10 creature requirement (if available); players may use only sites from the received product; games are 1-deck.
(b) 1-deck: Only 20 MPs or deck exhausted necessary to call Council; when each play deck has been exhausted once the Council starts following the current turn.

Costs:
The fee to attend the event is 15 EUR. The sealed tournament will cost 10 EUR extra.

Prizes:
We will have product and other great stuff, come and see for yourself! ;)

Accommodation:
It is not possible to spend the night in the gaming room. Turku has a new type of hotel though, with no actual reception desk/personnel present. If you share the room with a few people, it can be very affordable. Check out more information here. If you are looking to get in touch with others to share a room with, or would just like some help with your accommodation, please contact me about it directly.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask here, or just drop me an e-mail (mipevi@utu.fi). If you are planning to attend Nordic Cup, please let me know in advance. 8)
Tegarend

It's possible that I'm coming, but first I would like to know more about a spot to sleep (anybody got room for one? ) and how reachable this is from the airport?
Leon

I know from experience that Finnish sealed is a lot of fun if you do not understand Finnish. Any foreign sealed will cause some trouble, but with most european languages I can at least make out part of the text. I remember discussion about whether a card was Old Road of Bridge or something else and what the card actually does.
HeXDrake

Leon wrote: I remember discussion about whether a card was Old Road of Bridge or something else and what the card actually does.
It's always nice to remember discussions that have been held during a drinking game :P

Welcome to Finland all friends of MECCG!
"Why do I get to be Mr. Pink?" --Mr. Pink

Return to “Everything Else”