IV. GCCG Nations Cup 2010 (Talk)

Events taking place on online platforms

Shall we play 4 rounds + finals when we have 8 or more teams?

Sure, CoL rules rule!
83%
Nah, 5 days are enough.
17%

Total votes: 18
Bruce
Ex Council Member

Ringbearer wrote:Seems everyone wants Flaneltina in the finals :)
I don't think so. I guess the germans are all rooting for Spain because they want the chance to take the revenge for the Euro2008 final game. :roll:
Smaug

Personally I would prefer to play against Jordi, the 3-3 from our final game at worlds 2009 cries for a second trilling game ;-). But of course playing against Bert is as well always fun and has as well a Worlds Cup History in 2008 (may be Bert likes to play a rematch ;-))

I hope the better will win, good luck for everybody for tomorrows deciding games

Heiner
Alter Tuk
Ex Council Member

Bruce wrote:
Ringbearer wrote:Seems everyone wants Flaneltina in the finals :)
I don't think so. I guess the germans are all rooting for Spain because they want the chance to take the revenge for the Euro2008 final game. :roll:
Would be nice. Revenge for dozens of handball matches and one football match. Vendetta!! :twisted:

But I am fine with every team. Doesnt matter who I am going to play, its going to be a friend. :D
[url=http://gccg.sourceforge.net/]Come to GCCG or die a lonely death.[/url]
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

We had our revenge!!! Spain was crushed... Flaneltina goes with 17-2 to the finals!!!!
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Smaug

Congrats Team Flanetina,

you raised out of the ashes like a phoenix. Think you will be a hard opponent in the finals, not more not less ;-).

Of course I do not know, but if Jordi played his normal FW Alatar deck, I could imagine Bert showed Jordi that there are quite a lot of weak spots in that deck :roll: , you know what I mean?! Luckly there exist no "One Winner Deck" in middle earth what keeps the game even without new cards interesting.

So see you in the finals FLANETINA and don´t get heedless because of you nice victory against spain, otherwise you will get a painful experience :lol: .

Bert:
Karneval in cologne starts next thursday an I am going on holiday then for some days, so it would be best to play before (Tuesday, Wednesday, may be Thursday evening might as well be possible, we leave friday in the morning, so have to check that) So we as captains would go first with our game, ok for you? If you like we play at a prime time, starting something between 20:00 and 22:00 gmt +1? You have a proposal?

Looking forward for our game.

Cheers

Heiner
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Heiner, wednesday at 22:00 GMT +1?

Smaug

Hi Bert,

wednesday 22:00 gmt+1 is perfect. Thx!

See you

Heiner
domse
Ex Council Member

Although waiting for last confirmation from marcos, I already post the planned date of our game as it is TODAY 22:30 (GMT+1)
Sorry, to make this so surprisingly early, hope you read this before , so you can watch the game.
marcos
Council Member

TODAY at 22:30 (GMT+1) will be
marcos
Council Member

though i won 5-1, the big surprise of the night is that Bert-Heiner is about to start right now!!!
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

And Heiner beat me 6-0.... so its 7-5 for Germany. Brian needs a win. A tie is good for Germany.

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

You know, Ringbearer, if you had rolled better on that one to start the game . . . :)
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
domse
Ex Council Member

GERMANY FTW!!! I wasnt able to contribute to it signifacantly but still Germany will win.

My game against marcos, went bad from the very first minute. I expected Party-dunk and tried to draft away Thrain... which I then had to deal with instead of my Thranduil. No big difference, but still a difference concerning Woodelves. Marcos played Radagast on turn 1, so I had the curse of waiting for my 1 Pallando which I actually played after I exhausted. IN the course of the match marcos influenced away Gimli and the Woodelves, leaving me with nothing but characters. We both rolled very, very poor and after turn 4 it was something like 15-3. Dont get me wrong, I am not putting guilt on dice, the better won. After he called I had a very good turn making it a 30-21 but he revealed Wormsbane to make it a 5-1. That 4-2 was - even more in retrospective - very much needed, but that day I wasnt able to i.e. kill sellswords in a 9v12 fight... Pity, but i trust in Martin to make us win this tournament! He now has the possibility to EARN his MVP title!
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

My game vs Heiner was decided much on the starting roll indeed. I rolled 8, he rolled 11. I drew hog has 1th card, but he had 2 tryst and the 2nd produced the hog for him. The rets it was ok, I had one chance of killing te hog when he was wounded by the witch king, but 11 is a hard roll indeed.

I collected some wolves but arthedain rangers came trough and Heiner just slowly producted his MP in several ways. Not a bad game from both sides, but it upped my dislike of hog vs hog.

Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Can you deck swap for finals, I Don't remember.

Return to “Online Tournaments”