MECCG GCCG World Championships 2011 (Jan. 14-15/2012)

Events taking place on online platforms
Manuel
Council Chairman

Bandobras Took wrote: I honestly think a larger problem is that experienced players who have less time to play these days are afraid of losing because they're not in practice. I was fairly busy the last couple of months and didn't end up playing a lot of METW.
Well, I went to (physical) worlds this year. I wasn't especially afraid to lose because of lack of practice, and relunctantly I ended up 2nd, which is far more than I expected. After that I haven't touched the cards and I haven't played online, mainly due to lack of time (this weekend I've been out home on tour, to give an example) but also because I ended up a but tired of having to play the same old stuff in order to win (and yes, I like to play competitively when I attend tournaments) and having to face the same old stuff when I make it into a final of a tournament. I love Middle Earth, it's definately the best card game I've ever played (and I have played some) but due to meta stagnation, I need to stay away from the game from time to time in order to make a come back and be eager for games. Otherwise I get bored of playing Balrog, Wolf Radagast, etc.
www.meccg.com
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Sauron wrote:
Muad'Dib wrote:Good idea. I think the best solution is sending to Heiner. I come to Lure, have ticket so will take my prize from Heiner ;)
Ok I'll be sending the prizes to Heiner and he can give them out at Lure :) I'll mail them in a week or so. I'll also figure out who got what and post it.
Ok prizes mailed out today, Heiner you should get them in plenty of time for Lure.

1st prize - Jap UL Wiz Starter, Jap UL Wiz Booster x2, Jap Dragon x2, Jap DM x2, Eng WH x2
2nd prize - Jap UL Wiz Booster x2, Jap Dragon x2, Jap DM x2, Eng WH x2
3rd prize - Jap UL Wiz Booster x1, Jap Dragon x1, Jap DM x1, Eng WH x1

Enjoy the prizes folks!
Muad'Dib

Thanks Brian. Good stuff to play sealed tournament at Lure:P
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Muad'Dib wrote:Thanks Brian. Good stuff to play sealed tournament at Lure:P
Only if you know Japanese, or know the cards really well ;)
Muad'Dib

Sauron wrote:
Muad'Dib wrote:Thanks Brian. Good stuff to play sealed tournament at Lure:P
Only if you know Japanese, or know the cards really well ;)

I remember them enough except small exceptions :) for example last Lure, mixed sealed minion and i have Honey on the Tongue. I forgot only small part of the text "+5 DI against characters...," not against everything :P
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Smaug

Hi guys,

the prizes arrived today. I will bring them to LURE. Thx Brian!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saludos

Heiner
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Glad to hear they arrived! Enjoy your prizes folks!

Return to “Online Tournaments”