VI. GCCG Nations Cup 2011 (Planning/Talk) 12.03

Events taking place on online platforms
Muad'Dib

Hi guys

i hope you didnt forget about great event called Nations Cup [-me_ccc-]

This year we play later so you have time to find a friends and make a team (3 players in one team - captain and 2 soldiers).

Be ready for 12 March 2012, when we start battle of nations !!!

Any questions -> ask me or Alter Tuk via email, GCCG™, PM.

Format:

The games are 2-deck general opponent, standard rules in use. The tournament will be played in two parts. First there will be three or four rounds (depending on the number of participating teams according to the CoL tournament rules) of Swiss System. After this, the top four teams will continue to play in semi-finals and finals. You are not allowed to change your decks at any point during the preliminary round. In more detail:

Swiss System

* Teams' Tournament Points are determined by adding together the TPs of players playing for a team. Normal tie-breakers are in use.

* In the first round the pairing of players is random. After this, personal TPs are used to see which players will face each other (highest ranked vs. highest ranked from opposing team).

Semi-finals and finals

* You are now allowed to change your decks once.

* Semi-finals will be played between teams seeded 1st and 4th, as well as teams seeded 2nd and 3rd. The winning teams continue to finals, losing teams will play for 3rd place in the tournament.

* The TPs teams got in Swiss System are no longer in effect. Only TPs received from each game (team vs. team) are now considered to see which team will win. The 1st tie-breaker is the number of wins. The 2nd is the game between the captains (see below).

* Team captains will face each other. Personal TPs received throughout the tournament will be used to determine which other players face each other (highest ranked vs. highest ranked).

Other things to note

* The tournament will start 12 of March. You will have one week to finish the game assigned to you. (Normally from Sunday to Sunday) Contact your opponent to decide when you will play the game. You need to report back to me (styro[at]web.de) with the results by the following Monday morning, 8 AM (GMT). I will post the new pairings asap, and again the deadline is the following Monday 8 AM (GMT).

* To play, you need to have registered your decks before your first game. In order to register a deck, you need to load it and use the command "/rd". To register the second deck, use the commad "/rd2" (be careful not to use those commands during the tournament, as they will replace your registered deck). One of those decks is vs. Hero and the other vs. Minion. You may add an anti-Fw sideboard to only one of those decks, and must use that deck in every game you play vs. Fw. When you start a game, GCCG should say the deck is registered and in its original form.

* You are not allowed to 'scout' your opponents' decks.

* We follow the rules which are officially confirmed by the Council of Elrond and the tournament policy of the Council of Lorien.

*And remember - NO TIME LIMIT -. Yes, this one event we play without time limit which is great, i know ;)

Participants

Germany
Flaneltina
Spain
Polgium
France
PolEsp
Last edited by Muad'Dib on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Muad'Dib wrote:
* We follow the rules which are officially confirmed by the Council of Elrond and the tournament policy of the Council of Lorien.

*And remember - NO TIME LIMIT -. Yes, this one event we play without time limit which is great, i know ;)
2 things:

1 - You can't be both following CoL tournament policy and have no time limit, they are mutually exclusive as CoL Tournament Policy has tournament time limits. So it's either CoL tournament policy or it's some different kind of tournament policy.

2 - So I'm free to take as long as I want for each of my turns? I pity my opponents. This year is the year I'm going to play SUPER SUPER SUPER slow. Let's see how this goes. And yes I will make you DQ me if I have to.
Muad'Dib

Sauron wrote:2 - So I'm free to take as long as I want for each of my turns? I pity my opponents. This year is the year I'm going to play SUPER SUPER SUPER slow. Let's see how this goes. And yes I will make you DQ me if I have to.
From the beginning this event was played without time limit. Nobody complains except you. Dont want to play without time limit, dont play. This event is for fun, i cant satisfy all players. If you want to play with limit, do your own event, dont ruin other players fun.
IMustNotFear.FearIsTheMind-Killer.FearIsTheLittle-death ThatBringsTotalObliteration.IWillFaceMyFear.
IWillPermitItToPassOverMeAndThroughMe.
AndWhenItHasGonePast,IWillTurnTheInnerEyeToSeeItsPath.
WhereTheFearHasGoneThereWillBeNothing. OnlyIWillRemain.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Best call it Council of Cerin Amroth policy then: it's in Lorien, yet time does not seem to be a factor there...
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Muad'Dib wrote:
Sauron wrote:2 - So I'm free to take as long as I want for each of my turns? I pity my opponents. This year is the year I'm going to play SUPER SUPER SUPER slow. Let's see how this goes. And yes I will make you DQ me if I have to.
From the beginning this event was played without time limit. Nobody complains except you. Dont want to play without time limit, dont play. This event is for fun, i cant satisfy all players. If you want to play with limit, do your own event, dont ruin other players fun.
The problem exists because there is no time limits, people have no incentive to play at a pace that is acceptable to both players. Why should I have to play a 4 hour game when it's known that a game can be completed in 2 hours?

There exist no rules for slow play which can be fustrating to the opponent. How is that fun?

I plan on playing with my other teammates this year and I plan on playing within the rules that exist for this tournament. Maybe I find it fun to play the way I do, why should I care if others have fun? That's what you're telling people who don't take into consideration the opponent. I'm ruining other players fun is your arguement? What about the players that waste my time and my fun, how do you handle that? Sure you can't satisfy everyone and if it's just me not having fun so be it. But I'm going to show everyone what this kind of attitude does to tournaments, I want discussion I want action I'm an activist for this.

I'll be playing within the rules of the tournament as it stands. I'm bringing this up now WAY in advance unlike like last year, so we can discuss these things.
Last edited by Sauron on Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:Best call it Council of Cerin Amroth policy then: it's in Lorien, yet time does not seem to be a factor there...
I'm fine with that if someone wants to make a new tournament policy I'm all for it!
domse
Ex Council Member

Team Germany consists of

Dominic "domse" Kempf (Captain)
Martin "Peregrin" Teofanovic
Heiner "Heiner" Viefhues

and is ready for all opponents AND is perfectly happy with the tournament conditions.
Mordan

Sauron wrote:
Muad'Dib wrote:

2 things:

1 - You can't be both following CoL tournament policy and have no time limit, they are mutually exclusive as CoL Tournament Policy has tournament time limits. So it's either CoL tournament policy or it's some different kind of tournament policy.

2 - So I'm free to take as long as I want for each of my turns? I pity my opponents. This year is the year I'm going to play SUPER SUPER SUPER slow. Let's see how this goes. And yes I will make you DQ me if I have to.
we would call it XXXX = CoE + No Times Limit.

if you play super super super slow you will defeat your idealism of fast gaming and lose a shit load of time youself.

Like in Tennis or any sports, We could codify what's fair behavior. For example, if you write Hello? Your opponent must have the decency to reply "hmm thinking".

i will try to set up a french team.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Mordan wrote:For example, if you write Hello? Your opponent must have the decency to reply "hmm thinking".
That's only decency if your opponent is actually thinking. ;)
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Mordan wrote: if you play super super super slow you will defeat your idealism of fast gaming and lose a shit load of time youself.

Like in Tennis or any sports, We could codify what's fair behavior. For example, if you write Hello? Your opponent must have the decency to reply "hmm thinking".
It's an investment to show what I feel should be taken more seriously but isn't.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Bandobras Took wrote:
Mordan wrote:For example, if you write Hello? Your opponent must have the decency to reply "hmm thinking".
That's only decency if your opponent is actually thinking. ;)
Too true too true :)
marcos
Council Member

Controversial team is in:

Bert Claessen "Ringbearer"
Brian Min "Sauron"
Marcos Cáceres "marcos"

we'll let you know later who is captain.
i gwanunig

I would have won a lot of money, when there would have been a bet like: Sauron will bring up the his/the time limit as soon as the first anouncement of nations cup rules were posted ;-)

Regards
What business does an Elf, a Man and a Dwarf have in the Steiermark? Speak quickly!
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

i gwanunig wrote:I would have won a lot of money, when there would have been a bet like: Sauron will bring up the his/the time limit as soon as the first anouncement of nations cup rules were posted ;-)

Regards
Do you think it's really a joking matter? It's an important debate I think we should have, and for you to dismiss it so casually says alot about your attitude toward it.
i gwanunig

I didn´t joke - I´m just tired to see that dominating the nations cup discussion than bringing new people to the tourney.
In my opinion by stating the rules, as they were, and I think everybody knows what they are - the topic is closed. You can accept that or don´t play. If they Rules are now called other than CoL or so is really a word-picking.

REgards Thomas
What business does an Elf, a Man and a Dwarf have in the Steiermark? Speak quickly!

Return to “Online Tournaments”