VII. GCCG Nations Cup 2013 (Planning/Talk)

Events taking place on online platforms
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

zirilan wrote:
Sauron wrote:Can we have people not joining in on games with same flagged people? I was trying to work on a deck with Bert for playoffs and I had someone come in and watch that had another nation's flag (non participant I found out).
and how do you wanna do that while gccg is open for everyone and not each player is part of the tournament?
Could put up a login message in various languages.
zirilan

I ment a serverflag "private" for a table for tournament preperations only.

Code: Select all

else if(HasFlag("private") && count(ARG[0],("God","Guard","Judge")) == 0)
  {
    Reply("{red}This table does not allow watchers.");
    ok=0;
  }
Beornd

marcos wrote:i wonder if anybody told martin that Beornd vs maiatris was a 6-0... if they didn't, i just did :P
In my total elation i forgot the basics :roll:
Thx.
Alter Tuk
Ex Council Member

marcos wrote:i wonder if anybody told martin that Beornd vs maiatris was a 6-0... if they didn't, i just did :P
Didnt know, thanks. So Austria slipped into finals. Congratulations!
[url=http://gccg.sourceforge.net/]Come to GCCG or die a lonely death.[/url]
Alter Tuk
Ex Council Member

Finalists, please name your captains. If I dont have an answer in time I name the MVP of each team for captain.
marcos
Council Member

I'm captain of Team Flaneltina
Balin
Ex Council Member

Our captain is Enrique Navarro.

By the way, I'm a little bit disappointed about Logain forfeiting his last game. This is just my opinion, of course, my team was not involved, but Austria made it into finals through that 6-0 win, and Spain II couldn't make it because of that. I wanted to say it just to encourage people to play their games, instead of forfeiting.
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
emux

I'm with Balin, is quite embarrassing that the only game that has not been played in the whole Cup serve to left out a team because of a third team player doesnt appear and was already or close eliminated. [-me_tap-]
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Balin wrote:Our captain is Enrique Navarro.

By the way, I'm a little bit disappointed about Logain forfeiting his last game. This is just my opinion, of course, my team was not involved, but Austria made it into finals through that 6-0 win, and Spain II couldn't make it because of that. I wanted to say it just to encourage people to play their games, instead of forfeiting.
Well you could also say Spain II was in a position to keep their 4th place, by doing better as well. I'm just saying this from another point of view. Lots of things happen in a tournament, as people know.

You can't really just blame it on the 1 forfeited game, there are a whole host of factors to look into.

But yes I feel like the last game should have been played out, but it didn't happen and we have to live with how it was decided.
Alter Tuk
Ex Council Member

What can you do? At this years Lure major tournament they dorpped the 5th round at all. Such things happen. But Id appreciate it, too, if people would consider the consequences when stepping into a tournament.
Jose-san
Ex Council Member

Sauron wrote: Well you could also say Spain II was in a position to keep their 4th place, by doing better as well. I'm just saying this from another point of view. Lots of things happen in a tournament, as people know.

You can't really just blame it on the 1 forfeited game, there are a whole host of factors to look into.
I agree, in a close race any factor can tip the balance. Maybe the forfeited game did or maybe not, we can't know.

I think Martin made the right call.
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

Ernst is the first one to be disappointed.

This is even more pity because he perhaps could have played if he knew sooner the 3rd round.
Ernst rarely checked forum and we weren't noticed by email (we were only for 1st round).
I don't say that to blame Martin, who takes time to organize tournament, but to improve organization.

At least I'm happy Ernst joined tournament, otherwise no France team would have registered to defend his "crap nation" title :)
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
i gwanunig

Fangorn wrote:Ernst is the first one to be disappointed.

This is even more pity because he perhaps could have played if he knew sooner the 3rd round.
To avoid this, the next time please make the email of all you´r player available - so I could have contacted Ernst earlier. His mail was not listed in the official mail at start.
What business does an Elf, a Man and a Dwarf have in the Steiermark? Speak quickly!
Smaug

Hi team mates,

looking on NC results of the last 3 years with 2 second and one 3rd place it is finally time FOR US TO WIN the pot. Additionally I believe nobody except themselves wants to see a triple win of Spain ;-).

So lets go Germany!

Cheers

Heiner

1. Team Spain ESP - -
2. Team Germany GER - -
3. Team Flaneltina ARG/NED/USA - -
4. Team Polgium POL/BEL

1. Team Spain ESP 62 (38) -
2. Team Flaneltina ARG/NED/USA 61 (40) -
3. Team Germany GER 49 (31) -
4. Team Austria AUT 38 (29)

1. Team Flaneltina ARG/NED/USA - -
2. Team Germany GER - -
3. Team Spain ESP - -
4. Team Poland POL
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Smaug wrote:Hi team mates,

looking on NC results of the last 3 years with 2 second and one 3rd place it is finally time FOR US TO WIN the pot. Additionally I believe nobody except themselves wants to see a triple win of Spain ;-).

So lets go Germany!

Cheers

Heiner

1. Team Spain ESP - -
2. Team Germany GER - -
3. Team Flaneltina ARG/NED/USA - -
4. Team Polgium POL/BEL

1. Team Spain ESP 62 (38) -
2. Team Flaneltina ARG/NED/USA 61 (40) -
3. Team Germany GER 49 (31) -
4. Team Austria AUT 38 (29)

1. Team Flaneltina ARG/NED/USA - -
2. Team Germany GER - -
3. Team Spain ESP - -
4. Team Poland POL
If you think 3 years in a row is bad, ask Spain ;) and its up to you guys to stop Spain in the first place :)
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower

Return to “Online Tournaments”