GCCG - DC: The Necromancer 1.0 Tournament

Events taking place on online platforms

Your preferred tournament format

I'd like to play a minion only DC tournament.
No votes
I'd like to play a normal DCGO, playing either hero or minion.
36%
I'd like to play Stinker-style, both hero (Smeagol) and minion (Gollum)
64%

Total votes: 11
Fangorn
Ex Council Member

Assuming minion players make proxies !
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

After delaying the last round, I made it happen this round

dirhaval vs Vastor

0 : 6 score was 22 : 54 if not mistaken

it was a fun game with once more amazing draws on my 88 card hero deck, only my promptings was late, so William got me more than once with the way is shut, it was also nice that he played Scorba at home so I did not have to play mine for my last turn King under the Mountain, sadly I had to play it on Balin rather than Thrain, but he just could not get there in time, so only 2 MPs (1 for Scorbo & 1 for king) but 5 for the faction and another for a Hound at the site, so pretty good last turn, also bill not playing some some broken hazard as he calls them definitly helped,

hazard wise I could not really stop his up to four 2-dude companies, but I still manage to kill and hampered enough of his limitless agents to make a dent in the score

yours Nicolai
dirhaval

It was a good game with Vastor. I think I finished with 21 points. It was close for about four turns.
I was not thinking right by not discarding Scorba at Home during my site phase even though I finally
had Palantir of Annuminas+Focus Palantir on Tarin fetching Voices ever turn.

You killed my agents: Wormtongue, Freca, and Anarin. I drew my cancellers late and Deadly Laughter
too early to cancel Maia attacks. I did kill a Dwarven War Party with Desperate Strike. I lost 6 MPs in characters,
then 3 MP for faithless steward. I was troubled with my keyboard to play the palantir at Moria instead of Bone-Basher.
I could not play Knowledge of Narya at Celebennon when Anarin was killed by Durin's Folk. Your companies
avoided almost all my creatures. But I stored the MEDM Under-deeps hazards in my sideboard. I did not put
anything in my FW/FL sideboard. You finished with 21 SP. The Way is Shut bounced him twice. He removed
my Black Enemy's Wrath twice before the site phase.
I think Desperate Strike is too powerful in terms of +4 and -1 to strike's body. With the full healing at havens now in DC
plus the normal prowess handling average 7 rolls to either pass or fail. May be have the choice of a boost. Or even
a trade off: sort of like Like the Crash of Battering Rams as a resource. But I will reserved this resource for my
own decks that reduces body.

edit: Yes, I had small companies in the end;I think five companies of either 1 or 2. I am not a fan with so
many small companies, but I had to do this to get MPs. Anarin to Celebennon to play Knowledge of Narya,
Nimoth to get points of Faithless Steward, Tarin with palantir at Dol Guldur, two near Mordor keeping allies alive,
and Herion+Leadronith+Ullis to play Bone Basher at Moria. Vastor played Ancient Stair twice to get me
to draw many cards.
Grishnakh

Today Next Round:
Fangorn (hero) vs. Grishnakh (minion) at 10 p.m.

Cheers,
Heiko [-me_eye-]
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh
Grishnakh

I lost vs. Franck (hero) with my minions 2:4 (26:36).
I took 3 turns to enter Moria in the beginning, because of a lot of boosted "Watcher in the water" and 1 time Balrog AA with 2@16.
But a very nice and excited game.
Thanks to Franck!
Cheers,
Heiko
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh
gollum51

Holger and I played the second part of our game tonight.
I won 26-21

Hard game. I had by luck exactly the right hazards and Holger had really good cancellers so his mvt phases were very tense.
And we had the usual critical snake eyes. I lost Glorfindel with my only ally on a "anything but 2" snake eyes followed by a classic 6+6 body check. Total net cost 6MPs. D'oh!
Grishnakh

Hi all Necromancer players.
We are still paying this tournamenr or not?
We finish this round yet?
We are playing a next round or finish the tournament at this point?
Please gimme some information 8)

See you soon,
Heiko / Grishnakh [-me_eye-]
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh
shadow and flame

Akhorahil hero vs. Balrog minion is fixed Tuesday evening around 20.30!
You take my life
but i`ll take yours too...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Fernando (Don Epi) and I will play tonight, 20pm.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Donepi (hero) vs. Thorsten the Traveller (minion) 1-5 (29-44)
the heroes had to battle more beasties than the minions, and performed admirably, but meanwhile didn't manage to play miscellaneous points which meant doubling 11 MP for Thorsten. That's to say, last turn Donepi went for a surprise Company Combat instead of playing miscellaneous, which was heroic enough, if not efficient.

btw. yes Donepi Rolled Down to the Sea can be cancelled by Leaflock, so Thrain could keep his shiny Durin's Ring.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Just to clarify: Leaflock can cancel Rolled if a ring in Leaflock's company would otherwise be discarded by Rolled.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
toonnee

I vote for DCGO 8)
toonnee

I vote for DCGO 8)
shadow and flame

So finally the last game of the round is played.
Akhorahil (hero) vs. Balrog (minion) 1:5
After a bad start with wizzy getting killed in round 2, Akhorahils guys did not manage to make to many points.
The minions had no problems to find their items, convince allys and factions and bring it to an end.
Nice game :-))) - at least for me
You take my life
but i`ll take yours too...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

As befits a tournament of epic proportions, the final results arrive 2 weeks after the last game was played :-)
see tab 2 of this thread.

The Heroes scored 80 TP's in 20 games, the minions 40, so it's a real 4-2 for the heroes. In normal life we'd be happy with that, it's not clear if this means MENE needs more powerful cards, or that the DC players need to acquint themselves more with minion cards/avatars.

The only undefeated player in the tournament is, mmhh, well, me. I hope this doesn't rouse suspicion! Never win your own tournaments is the motto (to which Nicolai usually holds true).

Special mention for most thematic deck goes to Franck (as usual) for his hero deck, trying to unite 7 Dwarven tribes, and to Hervé for his minion deck, as Necromancer wielding sorcery trying to Contest the Powers of Mirkwood.

A big thanks to all participants for their efforts, please keep testing MENE cards and give us feedback.

As it seems difficult for most players to get onto gccg 1x per week, the thoughts are still out on how to organize the next tournament. Perhaps a 1x per month round robin competition is the best? Then we can crown a DC champion per year. Tell us your thoughts.

Return to “Online Tournaments”