first GCCG Virtual champ!

Events taking place on online platforms
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

How about Counterfeiting Mauhur in Gandalfs company with Never Refuse, and play Report You. :D You have an easy two 7/9 characters, that's not too bad for a covert company, give the guy a Mace and you're in business (and I'm not even talking Narya). Pitty you can't Counterfeit Trolls... :( You can duplicate Never Refuse V, right? (anyway you can discard it in org.phase if you no longer need it), so you can get 3 spells out of sideboard in hand for 1 possible CP, that's nice indeed...

True, getting multiple stuff out of one site in same turn is a problem if you only have 2 copies. You can still do other stuff (rings at Borders/burn) and then go for Palantir and Smoke in last turn for 6 mp's, that's not bad. Why use Seize anyway?

Go Badbeards!
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

my game with Joe ended up 29-17 for a 5-1 victory for myself.

It was a very fun game. WK traveled all over the northeast of middle earth unleashing his powers and playing some factions/items. Btw, the king got his crown lately on the game.
2 lieutenants scored the haven factions while the RWs went for the other 2 factions that made my great army.

Joe travelled all over Eriador in the first turns trying to avoid orcs and he did pretty well until last turns (halbarad did the best job here). Then, legolas, bard, halbarad and annalena were killed and gwaihir discarded because of the death of annalenna. Gimli was prisioner during less than 5 minutes at goblin gate until halbarad marveled the great goblin. I had 2 chances to kill Joe's wizard and gimli survided though he was wounded almost the entire game...

I guess that after all, any of us can't complain about our rolls. He made through several attacks untouched by only rolling, and rolling high :D

very funny match!
marcos
Council Member

marcos wrote: 2º Round pairings: (to be played between now and april 6th)

marcos 5 - frodo 1
Beornd 4 - AgusBalin 2
Ringbearer - Jambo
b_took 0 - Vastor 6
I'm missing Bert vs Jambo's game. Are you 2 planning to play it? Or do i declare it a draw (3-3)?
Jambo

we've played about half of it, so hopefully soon.
marcos
Council Member

2º round has ended and this are the standings so far:

Marcos 11
Beornd 10
Frodo 7
AgusBalin 6
Vastor 6
Ringbearer 5
Jambo 3
B_took 0

3º Round pairings: (to be played between now and april 20th)

marcos 5 - Beornd 1
Jambo 6 - b_took 0
Ringbearer 4 - Vastor 2
Frodo 1 - AgusBalin 5

we are waiting for some comments on the first draw of the tourney :D
Last edited by marcos on Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Jambo

Marcos, we've finished. A fine well deserved tie in the end. 3-3.

I spent much of the round receiving plenty of bcs as usual, but did manage to hoist a 7 MPs last turn to save the day. And only a Wormsbane in Bert's hand made it level. I haven't managed to do as my deck intends in either game, but at least this time I was better prepared with back up characters to cope with the expected high body count and/or the possibility of a character bounce in the pool.

Rolls wise, I think I have definitely used my quota of 3s up! ;)
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Saruman failed a bc on my second turn. Another 0 for me. :roll:
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

On another note, I'm grateful we can modify decks. Jambo and I played a rematch for fun and Saruman corrupted out a little later in the game on a Sorcery check.

Never Refuse's 1 CP and Fallen Saruman's -1 to ccs make spellslinging a little too risky for him. Which meant rearranging my resource portion more than slightly (read: cancellation strategy). Oh, well. When do we hear about other people's results? :)
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

I face Nicolai sunday morning.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
marcos
Council Member

i play bernd on saturday evening
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

28 - 23 , so 4-2 win for me, after a clashing game.

I lost 5 characters, but a lone Thrain with Wormsbane managed to become king, find some exiles, and slay also the hunting agburanar.

Radagast joined once, sacrificed to beat off some overgrown puppies then scored some items, ending up as Radagast the White.

Most memorable: balance of things remaining in play trough will... Me playing Arkenstone before him, then losing it to a cc of 2, then playing it again.

Khamul came to beat the king Thrain... power against the shadow and risky blow + a slightly better roll = wounded Khamul.

Last round he came after the white wizard Radagast, but muzghash survived 3 auto attacks at shrel-kail, so Rada had a way to avoid those nasty ringwraiths :) NOte that also in this battle I played Risky + Power Against The Shadow.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
marcos
Council Member

just finished my game with bernd, it was a pretty close game until the final turns when his characters were wounded by some orcs and he wasn't able to play more resources. He didn't managed to tap his tower raided many times so my orcs hitted harded (though they only killed peath).
Bernd's big mistake = turn 2 shelob's lair, tower raided can't be tapped there
marcos's best play = khamul ties an attack from an elflord at 19 prowess by rolling a 10

i don't really know when i made the crack between our score, but we ended 33-22 for a 5-1 in my favour
Beornd

marcos wrote:just finished my game with bernd, it was a pretty close game until the final turns when his characters were wounded by some orcs and he wasn't able to play more resources. He didn't managed to tap his tower raided many times so my orcs hitted harded (though they only killed peath).
Bernd's big mistake = turn 2 shelob's lair, tower raided can't be tapped there
marcos's best play = khamul ties an attack from an elflord at 19 prowess by rolling a 10

i don't really know when i made the crack between our score, but we ended 33-22 for a 5-1 in my favour
All right - mordor keeps in hand of orcs and other bugs :(

My wizard shows himself late and so i could not marvel the important events. I rolled not really bad, but mordor is blackly and so i humped my hard wounded company in last turn to edellhond - so no losses but not enough mps.

Grats to Marcos a great game and i think i faced the winner of the tourni :wink:
Frodo
Ex Council Member

If you guys want to send me just a one-paragraph summary of your games, experience, and thoughts regarding the use of the Virtual Cards themselves, I will post them in the newsletter! This is easier than writing a whole article, but if you want to write an article, that's great too!!

Deadline: This Thursday or Friday, 4/24 or 4/25.

Email: joebisz AT verizon DOT net

--Frodo
marcos
Council Member

3º round has ended and this are the standings so far:

marcos 16
AgusBalin 11
bernd 11
bert 9
jambo 9
frodo 8
vastor 6
b_took 0

4º Round pairings: (to be played between now and may 4th)

marcos 6 - AgusBalin 0
Bernd 6 - frodo 0
b_took 3 - bert 3
jambo 6 - vastor 0
Last edited by marcos on Mon May 05, 2008 9:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Online Tournaments”