The Fall of Gondolin

Any and everything that is NOT related to MECCG.
kober

In case you've missed it: The Fall of Gondolin to be published
HarperCollins has announced that it will, for the very first time, publish The Fall of Gondolin on 30 August this year.
Edited by Christopher Tolkien and illustrated by Alan Lee, The Fall of Gondolin will follow the same format as Beren and Lúthien published last year, separating out the story so that it stands alone while showing how the narrative evolved over the years. This is the first time the tale of the Fall of Gondolin will be published as a standalone edition, collecting all versions of the story together.
At last!
Yegor

As for me, The Fall in Lost Tales 2 was good enough. Probably one of the best there.
kober

Alas, I've never put my hands on The History of Middle-earth, but Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin is my favourite chapter of Unfinished Tales, so I'm looking forward to reading other versions of the story 8)
Yegor

You should definitely read it in Lost Tales 2. Some 4 pages are dedicated only to the description of various Gondolin companies and their captains. Marvelous!
Goblin King

I received the new book as an early birthday present and I finished it before my birthday. It presents two versions of the story and some fragments. I really love the very first version of the story. And then there are the Lee prints inside. :shock:
I really love this book.

Return to “The Ale House”