Burglary (V)

Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Hi all,

I believe in the coolness of burglary, as it is key in the hobbit, but it is rarely used.

but with HaEO (V) burglary might come to a late comeback, and if not so here comes Burglary (V) to make up for it.

Mark though that Burglary (V) is actually the same as my new dream-card

WE NEED A BURGLAR (or better MASTER-THIEF)

Hero resource perm event.

Playable during the organisation phase to join a hobbit character to a company at any site in the Shire (the hobbit can be played form your hand, discard pile or sideboard). When this card is played, take up to three cards from your hand, discard pile or sideboard and place them under it; the cards can only be any resource short event which either modify a burglary attempt or state Hobbit only or are playable on/by a hobbit only. Cards under Burglary (V) can only be played (as if they where on your hand) when a company with a hobbit enters a site containing a hoard.

mfg Nicolai
Last edited by Vastor Peredhil on Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jambo

I believe this would be too strong. All that would go under this card are Halfling Strengths and Halfling Stealths and possibly Tookish Bloods.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Sry jambo,

I was distracted by work (by my boss), when writing this card so you did coment on an incomplete version

I updated and rephrased it so it should become clear

mfg Nicolai
marcos
Council Member

am i wrong or the card can still pick halfling strength and halfling stealth?
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Nope your right, but also No Waiting to Wonder, Burglary and Fast Asleep as well as some dream cards, but I refrain of mentioning them here
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I like the card.
Personally I don't have a problem with halfling strenght/stealth, if and only if you don't play the hobbit from sideboard/discard. I think that's too easy and overpowers it. Not only does it make playing the guy easy, which is an advantage whether you use the cards under Burglary or not, but also you can get it started very quickly.
Also this card doesn't say if Hobbit may be played onder GI, or has to be played by wiz. or DI. This is a big deal of course. I propose you play this guy with wiz. only and not from sideboard. That way you probably don't get it started until turn 3, so only a dedicated hobbit-afficionade will play it.
Then, most people will want the halfling strength/stealth in deck anyway, unless they guy is their only hobbit, so chances are it's actually used for Burglary. Only to see more of No Waiting this card should be invented though :wink: But, I fear the problem lies with the card itself, not the handclog.

I am a bit concerned of Tookish Blood though, that might be more of a problem.

I like the idea that with this card, the Hobbit literaly has some tricks up his sleeve :D
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.

Return to “Showcase”