The Undeeps of Anduin V

Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

The Undeeps of Anduin V: permanent-event
Unique. Lost Knowledge. Playable on an untapped sage at a site in Anduin Vales or Brown Lands where gold rings are playable. Tap sage and the site (if untapped). Sage may tap to cancel the effect of Rolled down to the Sea before it resolves. Tap this card to take Gollum or Stinker to hand from playdeck (reshuffle). This card never untaps.
Alternatively, if My Precious is in play, a character in the company bearing a ring special item may tap at the beginning of the site phase and have My Precious attack the company. You must provide My Precious with a site from your location deck in the same or adjacent region to where character is. This card may be played as a hero resource.

The Undeeps of Anduin V: short-event
Tap a sage to cancel the effects of Rolled Down to the Sea before it resolves. Remove this card from play
Alternatively, discard a gold ring or ring special item from the company to cancel an attack that can be cancelled. If this cancels an attack by opponents company, place this card and the ring in opponent's MP pile.
This card may also be played as a hero resource.

Both versions have pro's and cons. I like the permanent version because you play it in Anduin Vales, that's thematic, and Rolled Down can possibly come around alot. Also you get the chance as hazard player to tap the sage bearing the card. I also like the alternative, that certainly deserves a card. All in all the card has to be unique, otherwise it's too strong. But Rolled Down is also unique. A non-unique perm to defend against Rolled Downs seems too strong to me.

The short-event version has benefit of drawing it earlier, and possibly surviving two Rolled Downs in a turn (of course you can also untap the sage in first version). I would prefer a version where you have to tap a sage in company during which m/h phase Rolled Down is played, but the stupid Rolled Down itself is not played on a company either...
The alternative is very nice also and deserves a card, it encourages play of alot of rings to your defense, and gives you the option to easily cancel the CvCC attack by a ringwraith comp. In fact, I would prefer this ability on a perm.event version, because otherwise you might be better off using other cards (Concealment/Ruse/Praise to Elbereth), but the My Precious alternative must be on a perm. as well, since opponent must have the ability to turn his agent face down and thus avoid the easy play of Gollum.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.

Return to “Showcase”