Searching for idears (no V-card)

Nerdmeetsyou

Hi, I know this isn't exactly v-card related, but you always have such good idears for cards, so i thought I could ask anyway.

I am at the moment preparing the ARDA BOXED DRINKING GAME for Lure of ME... so we finaly have a Drinkinggame event with Wolfgangs drinkingcards without overusing them... what was mostly a problem and why nobody participated in the saturdays event.

I hope you are familiar with the Drinking game and ARDA Boxed game???!!!

So here is my problem: To play it in rotation (meaning 2 players at the same time) I would need 6 players in the game...
this means I would need six avatars... BUT
it don't want to use one of the wizards Twice....
So I thought I could redo all the wizards as a DRUNKEN version....
with an additional sixed wizard...

I have some of the wizards already figured out in Drinkinggame version, but I lack of an idear for the sixed NEW wizard....

do you have any idears???

here are my results... just in case anybody is interested:

Pallando
Warrior/Sage/Diplomat/Drinker Wizard
Unique. His controlling player may keep one
more card than normal in his hand.
During each of his turns, he may drink an
additional "swig", to draw a card for your
Recource-Hand.
They came therfore in the shape of men, though they were never seen sober

Gandalf
Warrior/Ranger/Diplomat/ Drinker Wizard
Unique. All of his corruption checks are
modified by +1. Untaps at end of
organisation phase. Can tap to "test" a gold
ring. When he tests a ring, he may drink a
"swig" to reroll the dice.
"The way of the alcohol to my hearth is by pity.
Pity for weakness and the desire to stop drinking."

Saruman
Ranger/Sage/Diplomat/ Drinker Wizard
Unique. May tap to use a Palantír.
At the beginning of each of his end-of-turn
phases, he may tap and drink a "swig" to
take one "spell" card from his discard pile
and return it to his hand. All his movement
atempts between under-the-table sites are
modifed by +2.

on the others I'm still working...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I've never played the Drinking Game, because frankly I don't like drinking games, it's just not my cup of tea, I like to enjoy my drink not kick it in.
But, I do have a few sets of the cards because I won them at Lure as prizes. And actually to make an Arda Drinking Game seems like a good idea indeed, because the setting is perfect for it, and it's sealed anyway.

Now, I would say, for this kind of carnavalesque fun and games, why not turn the tables around, and choose some drinking weenies as avatars, and let the wizards work for them? Obviously Barliman needs to be the Drinking Lord. Robin can enjoy a good beer in the Green Dragon. Galion can serve wine on Thranduils table, Bifur can be King under the Mountainbrewery, Freca will be Saruman's catering advisor, and I don't know, maybe go wild, Treebeard can make some ent-draught, or Galva can enchant you with her love potions.

Then just play the wizards as allies or as friends coming over for a drink, one max per person, or you make them avatar specific allies, they can help you drink (drinking rolls), or sober up (untap), but not influence or play items.

just a few thoughts. To say more I would need to study the cards, the rules, and game mechanism...

btw. do you have enough drinking cards for a whole arda deck? wow.
btw 2. in my experience there's always enough animo for the drinking game, you telling me you expect only few people to play it?
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Nerdmeetsyou

1. Yes i have enough drinkkinggame cards to make an arda game.... It was something I spoke about with Wolfgang on the Lure last year, and i got a little support from him too.
(I am rather missing a lot of nice regular rares i would like to inclued...*G*)
2. The problem is not people for the drinkinggame itself...but the version with the drinking cards...because a lot of people don't have them and don't want to buy them...and especialy the drinkking rate is substancialy higher with those cards. What a lot of people do not like. So I wanted to make a new way to make those cards usable again without too much drinking...!

That is REALY a cool idear you purposed...
I love it...
frankly the problem is, we will use the drinkinggame cards from Wolfgang and there are already a lot of those characters you mentioned included in another way.
So we would have to rehash a lot of stuff...
something i could think of when we had a cupple of testing games with a more regular version first.

So I would realy hope you might have some nice idears for an Avatar Abillity... for a sixth wizard.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

So there are many cards that work only for a drinking wizard, or what? Otherwise you can just use those drinking cards and invent new texts for them, right?
Anyway, I'm not sure what you intend to do here, do you want to invent a ficticious new Wizard, or will any kind of avatar do? Otherwise I'd still suggest you use Barliman, he's the only obvious candidate.

Maybe you can make a kind of Troll drinker, or a fallen wizard, who's only purpose is to gain MP's by getting other wizards to drink more. But hey, I never really got the drinking game concept, the idea is to win while staying sober, yet all cards invite you to drink...

Beregar the Black Boozer - Numenorian Drunk (5 influence 6/9)
Each Drinker character in his company costs only 2 influence to control. May take a swig to gain any skill for the rest of the turn.
If at a site where a wizard is present, may take a swig to take Orc Liquor from discard pile and play on opponent.

then Orc Liquor something like: Dark Spirit. opponent may choose to double the effect for any swig bearer takes to gain an effectare and add 1 corruption point (put counter on orc liquor). Cannot be stored or transferred. Discard when...
this would create the mechanism whereby opponent must take the risk, if he is in detox, to give in to his addiction and drink the Dark Spirit, which will only make him remember the glorious dead, and opponent can give him short turn gain but long turn danger. that would simulate to me the effects of alcoholism...

for the rest, I have no idea, you seem to stay close to the normal wizard's personality and abilities, so Alatar and Radagast shouldn't be a problem, should they? (alatar: go ad fundum to defeat a creature with body?). Take a look at all the new cards available for regular Arda, you might get some ideas.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Nerdmeetsyou

THE NEW CARDS AVAILABLE FOR ARDA???
whats that???
I've never heard of that....
please tell me.

thanks for the other stuff....
i will try to come up with something....

Alatar will have some ability that you can drink a "swig" to give him +1 on a roll in combat....
+ his other standard abilities....

Radagast I'm not totaly sure....

Return to “Showcase”