(V Suggestion) - Steeds

Nerdmeetsyou

First I allways liked the idear of horses... but it was such a bad card in the original. And it is a good way to push diplomats. (like they got someone into giving you horses.)
Should be both a hero and minion version:

Steeds

Short event

Diplomat Only. Playable during the organisation phase on a moving company. The Hazardlimit for this company is reduced by two (to a minimum of two). When the new site for this company is revealed you opponent may draw two additional cards.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

what problem would this address Boder, or which options would it create?

Maybe something to play actually on the black steed itself?
Or, a mission to capture some steeds from the rohirrim? You like basic utility, I like mission :wink: (there are so many good utilities already).
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Nerdmeetsyou

But I would love to create a variety of utility cards...so you would have the problem in deckbuilding between choosing which one to use!!!

Why not make some Cool mission cards out of some others....
where it would fit quiet cool...
not on a card whose name is predestined to be a utility card!!!

(by the way: I love mission cards too!!! most of my decks are based on some kind of....but I dont think steeds would be a good cardname for a mission card.)

And I would love to see steeds played as a ultility card because I realy love the idear of letting the characters actualy ride for one turn.
Leon

I understand you want more useful cards, but your suggestion is about equal to the fair travels in ... cards. Do you consider that useful, because I do not.
marcos
Council Member

Leon wrote:I understand you want more useful cards, but your suggestion is about equal to the fair travels in ... cards. Do you consider that useful, because I do not.
i agree with Leon
Nerdmeetsyou

I would definitly play that card...
because it helps you to prevent gigantic amounts of hazards on companies of 4 or 5 characters!!!

I like playing big companies, but there is always this danger of giving your opponent too many hazard limit...

It definitly would be a good card I think!
marcos
Council Member

as Leon said, there already exists a lot of cards to do that:

Fair travel in foo
Anduin River
Ash mountians
Misty Mountains
White mountains
Horses
Crept along carefully
etc...

You really need more of that?
Leon

I think you need to play somewhat more with existing cards before suggesting new cards. The game as it was published contains about 2000 cards, that is a lot of options.

With virtual cards we mainly try to encourage some weak strategies or come up with interesting missions.

As to big companies; these usually have enough cannonfodder aboard to survive the worst hazards. With a few cancelers in your deck, An Unexpected Party of dwarves is quite hard to stop with hazards.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

in all fairness, this would be for minions, and there isn't as much hl reduction as there is for heroes, but the orc scout Elerina with deeper shadow is deadly enough, and guess what: she's a diplomat as well :wink:
marcos
Council Member

marcos wrote:as Leon said, there already exists a lot of cards to do that:

Fair travel in foo
Anduin River
Ash mountians
Misty Mountains
White mountains
Horses
Crept along carefully
etc...

You really need more of that?
well, except for fair travel in foo cards, rest has its minion counterpart... and boder said that this card was for both, hero and minion
Nerdmeetsyou

but most of them are totaly crappy too...
like for example the original Horses!!!!

any yeah maybe you are right and i sometimes lack a little bit of play expirience.... but on the other hand... I am just suggesting cards that I would love to play. (with considering your saying that we need to push diplomats. or curtain other things...)

Yeah I love clean and elegant cards...something METW is not realy full of....
but why do the same mistakes as the orginal developers of METW and create unnessesarily difficult cards...which are in most cases crappy too...`?

I am just in favour mostly of PLAYABILITY and easyness over FLAVOURFULL!!!
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

but I get a feeling you say crappy a bit too easily Boder, because you haven't explored their possibilities yet.
@Marcos: but there's no Harad/Rhun/Belegaer/Forod....then again there is Great Eye. Anyway, minions have their share of hl reduction.
marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:but I get a feeling you say crappy a bit too easily Boder, because you haven't explored their possibilities yet.
@Marcos: but there's no Harad/Rhun/Belegaer/Forod....then again there is Great Eye. Anyway, minions have their share of hl reduction.
agree :)
Nerdmeetsyou

Okay, then please show me why and how horses for example is a good card.... alreaedy!
and tell me why I've never seen anybody play it!!!

(could anybody tell me please what the following shortings of cardnames mean?:Harad/Rhun/Belegaer/Foro)
(so I could maybe understand your concern of having to many cards like this already)
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

they are not abbreviations Boder, they are actual cards...named after the regions, if you travel through them you get minus hazard limit. Dragon set.

Steeds is like Horses, not bad but not good enough often to include in a deck, like so many cards, it's not possible to have 1500 cards that are good enough to include in any deck, so you have to be content to include them in some kind of deck...

Return to “Showcase”