(V Suggestion) - Steeds

marcos
Council Member

you could combine horses with a hazard limit reduction like flatter a foe, dragon's hunger, many turns and doublings, etc, to safely move a big company with a low hazard limit...
Nerdmeetsyou

I'm not sure if this would make a realy good deck....

As I see it, we always see the same kind of decks with the same kind of support cards....
because some of them prevail...
so my idear was to introduce more options....

these cards you mentioned.... why should anybody play them... mostly there are better options at hand...because as I remember them alll of them are very limited to special regions....
(okay there might be a deck based on these regions...but normal decks would never play them!!!)
marcos
Council Member

(okay there might be a deck based on these regions...but normal decks would never play them!!!)
virtual sets are made for introducing new strategies so i think not even 1 virtual deck will be a "normal" deck :)
Nerdmeetsyou

maybe then I and you guys have totaly different oppinions of what the V-cards should be designed for!!!

(I take more the Star Wars v-cards for a model... and they have become greathly integrated in the tournament scene...
and also sometimes just have virtualized versions only because some card is crappy in the orginal but is stylish or something else.... not only because to enhancy wacky strategies.)

maybe we should start thinking beyound wacky mission cards!!!
and start creating strong and usefull cards for even tournament play!
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Steeds already has a use; it's one of the few HL reducers that an opponent cannot respond to because it is played and resolves in the organization phase. Other HL reducers like Deeper Shadow allow for a response. It can also be duplicated; two of those in a turn makes for a whopping -4 Hazard Limit before you even move.

The proposed Virtual card allows overt companies to use it, but allowing the opponent to draw two extra cards is a stiff price -- there's not many times I'd like to give my opponent the opportunity to draw into a key hazard when I'm working on reducing the hazard limit.

The current version of Steeds we are testing in VC2 is a Ranger Ally for Diplomat RWs to help overcome Rivers with a mobile RW without overpowering Ahorahil -- surely this fits in with the idea of a card people would actually use rather than just a wacky mission?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

missions are not wacky, they are at the core of the game :evil: :wink:
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I don't know -- Into the Smoking Cone is pretty wacky. :)
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Why, you never entered Mount Doom only to find out it's just a Dwarven Ring you are carrying? come on, that can happen to any poor hobbit :lol:
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Nerdmeetsyou

okay,
thanks for careful consideration, Took.
(by the way? does it only cancel river or anything that sends you back?)

now something else....
what then about the Hero card Horses?
marcos
Council Member

it can cancel river and use piercing by all shadows for example

Return to “Showcase”