They ride together???

Nerdmeetsyou

Why is the clause to give them a second movement phase made so impossible....
All nine is quiet crazy....

How should i ever take adavantege of this card if I play against another ringwraith player.... oder in a multiplayer game....

why don't we make more than 6 ringwriath or something like that????

why such a clause that is unforfillalbe if you play against another ringwraith???
Nerdmeetsyou

and something else....
why does it only give its marsheling points if tapped.... and doesn't stay tapped ... so you have to tap it each turn again????
is this meant to be that way?
Nerdmeetsyou

and again....
I realy try to bulit an active ringwraith raiding deck for LURE....
but I total think this V-card selection has been screwed up...

WHY ON EARTH did you have to use a BALROG-SET card for TERROR HERALDS DOOM....
why can't it be another card????

So again I cannot play the deck, because I'll never get this card... because you never see cards from the balrog expansion... (even if this might be one that is rarely used!!!!!!!!!)

please tell me why all of this madness had to be so unplable!!!!
Nerdmeetsyou

I also realized that THE RIDE TOGETHER ...is not unique....
so i could play two of it....
i am not sure if that was ever thought of....
so i could grab 6 MPs if i realy should meet the requierments....
what seems a little bit strange to me....

I realy think all these cards have NOT been thought through totaly....
or am I totaly missing all the sense???
please help me with your wisdome....
I am finaly giving up on my deck!!!
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

First off, playing all nine is fun.

Unfortunately, it's a practical impossibility under the normal game.

You have to devote a HUGE amount of deck space to playing all nine. Even with Back to the Fray, you have to work miracles of space management and card draw.

You could even have 3 in play for 9 points if they move twice in one turn. That's roughly 1 MP/Ringwraith, which isn't too bad or overpowered, considering the amount of character MPs some decks get just through Chance Meeting/We Have Come to Kill.

You tap it for the extra movement, so it does untap each turn, which means the MPs are meant to be an end-of-game push for victory.

Its most basic use is simply as a RW follower enabler. You get MPs -- and style points -- for getting all nine.
Nerdmeetsyou

I think granting MPs for something that is (in most games) impossible....
is just stupid...
either remove that clause from the card... or make it easier!!!

And also the movement enhancer only works IF you have all nine in play...
so the only bonus this card gives you is getting black horse or Black rider from sideboard....
Is it meant that way???
marcos
Council Member

it isnt impossible, i have done it several times. Obviously it isnt a deck to play vs other minions... And yes, it was meant that way.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Boder does have a point in the sense that a single bad roll on an Elf-lord and a bodycheck of 7 can destroy 9 mp's for you, then you've done all that build up for nothing. I wasn't involved in the design of this card, and I understand the reward for actually moving alot, but maybe the mp's should count from the beginning of the movement, it's setting out together that counts, not staying together....
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

well that was my idea in the first place, i dont know why Jamie or Joe decided to make it this way... Anyway, moving with a company of 9 RWs and some black horses shouldnt be that risky... and i bet you can always have some cancellers or move between safe regions... In my deck i bounced from dol guldur to minas morgul 2 or 3 times to tap the 3 TRT. That is safe enough if you have Doors of Night out and had 3 nice place to hide and 3 ruse (wich were part of a bigger twisted strategy ... :roll: )
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

well that's alot of extra requirements, and moving 9 nazguls back and forth between two havens, hahhahaha!, nazgul UPS service bringing Sauron's messages over the highway....but shame on you Marcos...

I remember originally there was talk to reward 3 mp's for each multiplication of 3 nazgul being together? That was deemed easy and cheap, and as a compromise the idea was to reward the 9 but only if moving.

Wouldn't something be better like: tap this card if you have 9 RW's in company and move to a Free-hold or Border-hold? Only one copy may be tapped per m/h phase, but you may opt to take another m/h phase for each TRT you have in play.

This way you would always be granted 3 mp's, and more mp's if you survive. I don't think it's that difficult to survive, but you can always roll snake eyes, and I prefer to not punish snake eyes over rewarding Ruse/Nice Place to Hide. You ever imagine 9 RW's hiding in the bushes!? :lol: It's rediculous, they should not even be allowed to play this card, they're on a mission to kill and reclaim!!
marcos
Council Member

i know thematically it is completely ridiculous and laughable but in terms of game play, you want to be as safe as possible. In my deck i bounced between havens and later moved to gold hill for itangast roused + regiment of crows, and more than 1 time i had to deal with chilled elflords/ ahunts, etc... So a little bit of wussieness isnt bad after all :P

i don't like the idea of limiting the movement to border/ free... you might want to get some good stuff at some other places.

And by the way, as it is written on the card now, once you tapped TRT you get the 3 MPs, it doesnt matter if your RWs gets killed or sent back to your hand by a bc of 7 on their way... The only bad thing i can see right now is that you dont actually need to move again to get the MPs, as it reads: "you may tap to allow them to move again"
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

no but you only get the 3 mp's if you move again, so if you lose a RW on your first movement, you will never gain the mp's in the first place.

ok can add Ruins as well, but Sauron wouldn't send all of his most important servants to influence snaga hai, so I think there should not be mp reward in that.
you can still go to Amon Hen and avoid elf-lords and maia and bounce two times.
marcos
Council Member

no but you only get the 3 mp's if you move again
where does it say so?
TRT wrote:you may tap this card at the end of the company’s movement/hazard phase to allow them to move again; this card gives 3 MPs when tapped.
i don't see any reason why you would actually need to move again to have the MPs, just move once and tap all 3 TRT to "allow them to move again" without the need to actually move again you gain the 9 MPs because all TRT are tapped
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

yeah but it's tap the card at the end of m/h phase, meaning you could have a dead or discarded RW by then :wink:

if you'd tap at beginning of m/h phase, you'd have always 3 mp's, and more if you survive the 1st and 2nd m/h phase, and that would even reflect better moving alot, instead of tapping all 3 in once. In essence then it's a trade, you need an extra m/h phase, but you are sure to get 3 mp's always, and you're not 'forced' to make cheezy safe movement first.
marcos
Council Member

i still don't see why you couldn't tap all three after the first movement hazard phase to get the MPs of this card... Anyways, the card is VERY cramped already to keep adding stuff to it, don't you think?

Return to “Showcase”