They ride together???

Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

hehe, we posted at same time to same effect :D
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:@Marcos: chilled Lords are unavoidable when leaving/arriving Morgul anyway, so it's better to move from Guldur to Buhr then anyway :wink: You might also bump into Fool's Bane somewhere in Ithilien...
Ah! Fool's Bane! Great card! ;)

hehe, we posted at same time to same effect
lol yeah! i noticed :D
Nerdmeetsyou

so if all of you agree on this, why should i argue with you....

maybe you are right about not beeing a problem when you opponent is a wraith....
still i don't like it!!!

But I still think that it is a strange idear that you would have to tapp the card again and again to get the MPs....
AND that it can be duplicated. It just seems wrong from a flavour perspective!!!

And again one of my inital questions that was not anwered at all:
WHY did you choos "Terror Heralds Doom" as one of the needed cards.... It's from the balrog expansion!!!

(Why can't I play a sauron deck when my opponent is a ringwraith????)
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

it's a simple rule you can't play Sauron vs. minion, you're all supposed to work for the same man after all.

using some Balrog rares was a choice of Joe/Mark. We've tried to avoid it ever since, but on the other hand, if we allow proxies, they are used in gccg, or if we print the whole card in the future anyway, then there is no real problem. Don't worry, you can use the proxy in the Virtual Tourney at Lure.

If it's not duplicable, you've wasted 2 slots in deck, unless you start with the card, which is sometimes not usefull because you only have 2 minors.

I think it's ok to get mp's only if you keep moving, because from Sauron's point of view, have 9 rw's together by itself is no accomplishment, they have to go on a mission.
Nerdmeetsyou

Why should we print whole cards in the futur?

If i get it right....
if i play this card with Black Rider (mode card) move and then return.
Still all my followers are discarded or?

so the deck only makes sense with Black Horse or?
marcos
Council Member

use forced march, uvatha unleashed, etc... to prevent stopping at havens and get your followers discarded. That was how it worked the deck i used to win first online Virtual champ
Nerdmeetsyou

Do i get it right that "the ride together" -V can only be played at the beginning of the game in leu of a minor iteam....

because it has no other playablity writen on the card????
Leon

Unless a resource event states further requierments, it can be played at any time during a players turn.
Nerdmeetsyou

okay....

so then it is realy meant to give 9 MP???

okay.... seems quiet powerful for me....
but as you tested it... i will not argue with you!!!
marcos
Council Member

yes, it is meant to give 9 MPs. It is a mission card and as such, it takes a lot of cards to make the build worth. It means you are sacrificing a lot of deck space to make the mission succefull :)
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I vaguely remember discussing this before, but 9 mp might be steep, since basically you are not sacrificing alot of deck space but rather sideboard space. The 9 mp is a reward for managing to stall a game long enough to get there, and ruining your cardflow (though that's even minor with Khamul). Apart from Marcos' undoubtedly good playing skills, the mp reward must have had something to do with winning a tourney with this mission...
marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:I vaguely remember discussing this before, but 9 mp might be steep, since basically you are not sacrificing alot of deck space but rather sideboard space. The 9 mp is a reward for managing to stall a game long enough to get there, and ruining your cardflow (though that's even minor with Khamul). Apart from Marcos' undoubtedly good playing skills, the mp reward must have had something to do with winning a tourney with this mission...
if you mean that i played a TRT deck in virtual tourney then no i didnt :)
i used a WK great army of the north deck vs H and Indur at under deeps vs M.

I think that using sb space is as important as main deck space, some of the strongest competitive decks brings most of their MPs from sb. And i think that this deck main build should be used to promote the card draw (you want to get the 9 soon), that should take some space as well... Dunno, maybe it should be tried the way it was before (2 MPS) and see if it is still worth it. In my oppinion 9 is ok, 1 per RW...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

ah well don't know why I thought that then, I knew about the Indur, thought you played TRT vs. hero.
Why's that a big sacrifice to speed up the whole process? any minion plays Dark Tryst/WHKTK, a simple Mordor Merry would suffice to play quickly, or did you invest a load of iron roads/leg it double just for the sole purpose of TRT? Seems bit far fetched to me.

Most decks that score mayor points from sideboard have specific counters, except dreaded White Tree perhaps for FW. Truth be told I haven't played against TRT, but you think it's worth investing alot to counter it last turn when they make the move? Seems to me the better strategy would be to outrun TRT, like with One Ring.
I hate speed decks.
marcos
Council Member

this deck is very particular, it is not all about shuffling and drawing cards. You also need to get some more MPs to reach the 25 needed to call and even some more to compete with a decent opponent :P
So you need to be prepared for that.

Like i said before, maybe it should be tried the way it was (2 MPS) and see if it is still worth it.
Nerdmeetsyou

I would rather like it more if it just was one card that cannot be duplicated....
and then it gives more MP like 6 or 7...

because i think it is rather strange if your ringwraiths move like 4 times in your last turn....
not that it would be broken or somethign like that.... just VERY akward from a flavour perspective!!!

Just another idear:
Maybe grant the MPs not for MOving...but for playing something at a FREEHOLD (like a permanent event that gives MP) with all 9 Wraiths present???
seems more thematic to me...!
like they have to go somewhere to get the information....
So there is a REASON WHY they all ride together!!!!

Return to “Showcase”