[V suggestion] Eomer

Frodo
Ex Council Member

Eomer
Unique. 3rd Marshall of the Riddermark. During your organization phase, you may take one Horses into hand from discard pile. +2 prowess while at a site in (or moving through) Rohan and its adjacent regions.

or this text can go to Erkenbrand.

Frodo
Nerdmeetsyou

yeah but if we do that.... we definitly need a new version of horses!!! (like I already suggested)
because horses is soooo bad!!!
marcos
Council Member

Frodo wrote:Eomer
Unique. 3rd Marshall of the Riddermark. During your organization phase, you may take one Horses into hand from discard pile. +2 prowess while at a site in (or moving through) Rohan and its adjacent regions.

or this text can go to Erkenbrand.

Frodo
i like introducing new keywords, we should work more on it. Like making a complete Riddermark strategy for example... He could have some bonus while bearing Gutwhine (Valiant sword V) for example +1 to ccs...
Frodo
Ex Council Member

I suppose we could redo Horses. But to be honest, we'd have to be careful, because I only chose this ability for Eomer because Horse **IS** so weak. If it was any stronger as an HL-reducer, then having permanent access to it wouldn't be good.

This Eomer, with original Horses, would ideally introduce something we haven't seen before... lower HL but you'd want to be buff enough to fight the huge stuff that comes your way!

One problem, though, is that a cheesy player could make a 4-character company and with perm. access to Horses every turn, also be using Many Turns, etc. to reduce the HL even MORE. So Horses increase in creatures's prowess would never happen. That's too strong, I think. So we'd probably need a line on Eomer about the HL not being able to be reduced otherwise (he's brave, like Bergil). In fact, it would be rather cool to have a whole line of cards/characters that don't allow you to reduce the Hl... hmm...

Frodo
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

As I've mentioned elsewhere, Horses has a strength in that it's one of the few cards that reduces the HL in the org. phase, when the opponent can't respond. Most other HL reducers must be played in the m/h phase and give your opponent the chance to play hazards in response.
Leon

Eomer is a nice character and will be played with the Rebuilt the Town V and Horses, Horses, Horses V etc. One of the few men rangers. I think any ability for him is either overpowered, or it is almost useless.

Erkenbrand and some of the other Rohan guys have more problems, because they hardly have any body.
marcos
Council Member

hopefully Valiant Sword V will help on that :)
Frodo
Ex Council Member

As I've mentioned elsewhere, Horses has a strength in that it's one of the few cards that reduces the HL in the org. phase, when the opponent can't respond. Most other HL reducers must be played in the m/h phase and give your opponent the chance to play hazards in response.
Actually, the HL doesn't exist until the M/H phase, so the effect of Horses must be declared then, and the hazard player could then respond. This is quoted in the Dragons Rulebook rules.

Frodo
Nerdmeetsyou

still don't know why horses should be good because reduction happens in org phase...
doesn't that make it worse in thruth..because it cannot discard hazards that way?

And still my argument... I've never seen anybody play horses in any deck... so shouldn't that be prove enough that they are bad???
(or at least a good indicator)
marcos
Council Member

sometimes a card is bad by itself, but when you can recicle it or search for it in your deck or combine it with another card, that crappy one starts to get a bit more usefull. Like someone said, having a big company with low hazard limit is very nice
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Frodo wrote:Actually, the HL doesn't exist until the M/H phase, so the effect of Horses must be declared then, and the hazard player could then respond. This is quoted in the Dragons Rulebook rules.

Frodo
METD Rules wrote: Any cards which modify a company's hazard limit played prior to this point are then immediately applied to the company's base hazard limit in the order chose by the player controlling the company.
Immediately=No Response, as I understand it -- much like an on-guard card declares and resolves immediately, or Bane immediately cancels a searching effect.

Return to “Showcase”