[V suggestion] Denethor II

Frodo
Ex Council Member

Denethor II
Unique. +3 direct influence against all factions playable at Minas Tirith and all characters with Minas Tirith as a home site. May use a Palantir, and tap to untap a Palantir he is bearing. Once per turn, if bearing a palantir or at Minas Tirith, you may add 4 to Denethor’s mind until the end of the turn. Cannot be a follower.

Frodo
Nerdmeetsyou

maybe make a clause that forbids you to move him, if you have a planatir at minas tirith?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

+3 seems a bit strong for a 4-minder. +2 Seems more appropriate.
Nerdmeetsyou

on the other hand it would be cool if he could controle faramir and boromir...

maybe then raise his mind....???
but i believe he should be able to controle faramir and boromir
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Faramir has a home site of Henneth Annun anyway.
marcos
Council Member

mind, DI, prowess/body?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

what does Denethor need extra mind for though in a normal game? as yet there are no palantir cards that use the mind of palantir bearer (like in arda game).
though nice in theme to build up the steward a bit, I don't think this has big effects on the game, you'll see him in squatting FW decks, more likely.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Defense against Pilfer and Influence attempts.
Frodo
Ex Council Member

And Fireworks (though that is not very thematic, I agree).

You're right Boder, it would be nice if he could control his sons. Maybe some mechanic whereby his sons minds were reduced at the same site as him... but I'm not sure how to word this without adding way too much text to a character card. Perhaps a support resource card is needed: one that mimicked the father recklessly sending his sons out into the wasteland to bring him glory? It could encourage the use of Boromir more, which would be really cool!

Note: this is just a super rough attempt at such a card... if anybody likes you, you can take it over in another thread:

MANY FOES HE FOUGHT (V)
Permanent-Event.
Boromir and Faramir may take creatures and minion characters as trophies. For every two trophy points they carry, Denethor II is worth +1 MP and gains +1 DI.

This card would encourage a squatting Denethor at Minas Tirith who is actually leading/holding some followers under him... not sure what they'd be doing there, unless he was actually moving with them in safe Gondor regions.

Frodo
marcos
Council Member

i really like that one
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

yes thanks I can see that too, though it's not likely to happen, not many people play surion/firiel/elwen as agent, and he's likely to squat under wiz at haven. But fireworks, yes that is a nice option indeed.

@many foes: people don't throw creature as it is, even less if you get even more mp's for them. but the idea of the boys fighting for their father's approval is nice, something should be done with that, hmmm.
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Thorsten don't forget he can't be a follower, even under a Wiz.

@Many Foes: Thorsten has a good point about lack of creatures being thrown, as anyone who has tried Legolas (V) will see. Perhaps there can be a tracked bonus for defeating the auto-attacks in regions surrounding Minas Tirith... at least Imlad Morgul and Dead Marshes... but I wouldn't want it to duplicate Tower Raided.

Oh wait... what if we took advantage of the fact that Tower Raided already exists? Denethor could desire his sons to "clean up" surrounding regions of Dead Marshes and Imlad Morgul, so we could word it something like "If all of the sites in Imlad Morgul are under Tower Raided..." or "Tower Raided only targets Imlad Morgul and Dead Marshes", if we though Dead Marshes needed to be included.

Frodo
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

nice little addition at the end there :wink:
cleaning up dead marshes must be a hell of a job, they're fighters, not undertakers :lol: , but it's a nice idea. I would focus on morgul vale, or just any mordor sites.

Return to “Showcase”